Oilly mess

J V R

Advert

If you fly glow methylated spirit is the right solvent. Window cleaner normally also contains methylated spirit and works well. After cleaning with paper towels go over it with a micro fibre cloth. (my be you find one in your wife's / girlfriends collection )

VA, mainly flying electric as he doesn't like the mess....

Posted by Vecchio Austriaco on 15/10/2011 07:32:46:
If you fly glow methylated spirit is the right solvent. Window cleaner normally also contains methylated spirit and works well. After cleaning with paper towels go over it with a micro fibre cloth. (my be you find one in your wife's / girlfriends collection )

VA, mainly flying electric as he doesn't like the mess....
not if you've used Solarlac paint! Go on, ask me how I know...

Mr Muscle, Tesco floor and wall cleaner - any MILD detergent in a handy spray bottle.

@ Bob Cotsford

Solarlac paint to put on the black list - but if a paint is fuel proof or there is fuel proofer on top the methylated spirit shouldn't do any harm. Its just alcohol - a mixture from aethanol and methanol.
cheers VA

Baby wipes are indeed the things to use. I've tried various recipes for cleaners but baby wipres do wonders. I tend to use 3-4. 2-3 for the plane and one for my hands! One advantage is that they last for yonks, I've been using the same packet for about six months!

Baby wipes are good - but I use them in the "second phase" as otherwise as you need 3-4 each plane from sratch, the amount I fly that would soon empty a packet.

I just put some water, with a dash of washing up liquid, in a spray bottle. I get the thick off with that and then finish off with a baby wipe - lovely!

BEB

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 15/10/2011 09:03:41:
If you fly glow methylated spirit is the right solvent. not if you've used Solarlac paint! Go on, ask me how I know...

I've often cleaned Solarlac with meths with no adverse effect on it. Was yours fully dried Bob?

Edited By Martin Harris on 16/10/2011 01:23:29