Advert

When will folks stop trying to criticise efficiency and the methods used to achieve it.
On friday I ordered 10 servos of a well respected brand from GC via E mail ,half the price of anywhere else .They arrived saturday mid-morning .Cornwall to N.Yorks !!
Well done as I say for organisational ability as I said. Shame the majority of systems don't meet up to the mark. Indicative of the loss of esteem & business acumen in britain I rather think,
I have a Cornish passport and I couldn't have done the distance in that timespan despite border control over the Tamar bridge
Myron ex -TR19 dept

Posted by Erfolg on 22/10/2011 23:54:51:
Martin

Suggestions have been made that VAT is not being paid when legally due, again with no publicly available evidence.

Some may be placing themselves in positions that could lead to Legal action, by GC, if they were so minded, particularly if their reputation was being damaged, and potential customers were dissuaded from trading with them.

With respect Erfolg I don't believe that anyone has done that. What people have said is that the goods are coming from Cornwall and so must be legally in the country - that is their entire point. Where they have referenced illegality it is firmly from the point of view saying "otherwise it would be illegal and so that can't be the case".

BEB

Four posts deleted. I'll give as the official reason that they were "off thread". But I think you need to keep in mind guys that deliberately sabotaging a thread (even as a joke) is contrary to the Code of Conduct.

Remember, if a thread doesn't interest you, or irritates you - you don't have to follow it.

BEB

No, I do not believe that KC has said that either. He has just said that the company is owned in China and that GC say they can't give him a VAT receipt. Now assuming that he is reporting faithfully - and I've absolutely no reason to suspect he isn't - then he's simply reporting a fact. To be fair to him, to the best on my knowledge, he has never said that anyone was acting illegally.

BEB

Sadly, much as I would like to help, I cannot subsidise the entire British economy personally, SOL

I take my solace from knowing I'm doing my little bit by helping to provide jobs in one of the employment-challenged areas of the UK. Besides, I like pasties..........

Pete

Posted by Seamus O'Leprosy on 23/10/2011 14:13:20:

Posted by Pete B on 23/10/2011 14:05:23:
I don't believe you've misunderstood the implied message, DF - that by buying from GC, we are doing something that's a teeny, weeny bit naughty........

Pete

I am sorry Pete but that is absolutely wrong
unless you feel bypassing Ripmax etc is naughty

I think you have misunderstood that Pete was agreeing with me that there was no misunderstanding of the fact that I might have misunderstood KCs implied message................hope you haven't misunderstood that.

Posted by Pete B on 23/10/2011 14:05:23:
I don't believe you've misunderstood the implied message, DF - that by buying from GC, we are doing something that's a teeny, weeny bit naughty........

Pete
Yep, that is certainly the impression that I'm getting, alongside the unwarranted claim that the customer service that one might expect would be poorer than that received from a wholly UK-owned company.

That hasn't been my experience - the couple of items I've sent back to Giantcod - a 2 cell pack dispachted instead of a 3 cell pack and a broken digicam were both dealt with properly, with a minimum of fuss and a full refund.

Posted by Pete B on 23/10/2011 14:21:49:
Sadly, much as I would like to help, I cannot subsidise the entire British economy personally, SOL

I take my solace from knowing I'm doing my little bit by helping to provide jobs in one of the employment-challenged areas of the UK. Besides, I like pasties..........

Pete
D'oh, Mea Culpa

It was the excitement of Man City being 1 up

Edited By Seamus O'Leprosy on 23/10/2011 14:32:52

I have just reviewed all the posts on this thread - the things I do for modelflyting.co.uk! - and I am completely happy that no one has said that anyone has acted illegally. Now what inferences you take from posts - well that's up to you But kc, or anyone else for that matter, has not said anything about any company doing anything illegal. Because, were it otherwise (without cast iron proof) I would have had to moderate it - we cannot have libellous (however you spell it!) or unsubstantiated allegations on the forum.

BEB

Thanks BEB but notwithstanding I think we'll leave this one now.

Folks, as always, please remember though that if any posts are challenged by third parties (on this thread and anywhere on the forum) and the the poster can't substantiate their 'facts' then the post/s will be deleted and (most likely) the poster will be permenantly removed too.

Stick to facts (not assumptions) and you'll always be fine of course.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 23/10/2011 16:20:30