Ebay sellers...

Posted by Stevo on 06/07/2014 11:33:09:

Kevin - good point Sir. Against the rules that one.

He is a good seller and sells good products, though he is retiring soon. Who cares about eBay rules? Half the posts complain about eBay's onerous rules. You see and object you want, make an offer on it, it is accepted or not, happens all the time.

Advert

Yes indeed Rob. I've had stuff from Yak before- no problem. Don't want another ebay rules thread, but if it's an auction, it's an auction, there is a 'best offer button'. Would be interesting to see how they pick that up.

I've had some ridiculous offers on stuff I've been selling!

Posted by Rob Jones 2 on 06/07/2014 13:04:07:
Posted by Stevo on 06/07/2014 11:33:09:

Kevin - good point Sir. Against the rules that one.

He is a good seller and sells good products, though he is retiring soon. Who cares about eBay rules? Half the posts complain about eBay's onerous rules. You see and object you want, make an offer on it, it is accepted or not, happens all the time.

Totally agree, the way Ebay treat sellers these days, I have no problem with pulling a listing if someone makes me an acceptable offer, it saves me paying selling fees, generally means cash on collection so no percentage to PayPal and it means the seller is protected from dodgy buyers.

Posted by Erfolg on 07/07/2014 18:08:09:

David I did not know that some of us aeromodellers still used an Asp to form the pieces. I do like the patchwork fuz, most artistic.

Defiantly a model for a discerning modeller that wants something a little different.

Silly me, I assumed it had been built thrown together on the kitchen table using a knife and fork as tools.

And usually when I see someone use the word defiantly on a forum I assume it's a spooling misteke and they meant definitely. In this case though I think defiantly is probably a better choice!

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 07/07/2014 20:18:41:

More likely a garden fork than a table one wink

I doubt if the seller is a member of any club (let alone a modeller). When did any of us hear a glo (Leo .40) motor referred to as 'petrol' or call radio control 'remote control'? cool

I don't know. Last night I spotted a Cox .049 in a high wing control liner and that was aclled a "Spark Ignition" engine.

At least he admitted it was a barn find.

What's beats me, is why he would think anyone would want to pay anything close to his asking price. He has covered himself in saying some parts may be missing, but one end of the box looks like it has got damp at some time. Seems to me if you use the word "vintage" in the description it gives you licence to ask silly money.

DB Sport and Scale still sell the plan and building instructions for £10.00, A set of patterns for most of the parts for £5.00. A set of ribs for £16.00, with wheels and a fuel tank for £6.00. Total = £37.00 plus p&p

Posted by Colin Ashman on 09/07/2014 10:42:23:

What's beats me, is why he would think anyone would want to pay anything close to his asking price. He has covered himself in saying some parts may be missing, but one end of the box looks like it has got damp at some time. Seems to me if you use the word "vintage" in the description it gives you licence to ask silly money.

DB Sport and Scale still sell the plan and building instructions for £10.00, A set of patterns for most of the parts for £5.00. A set of ribs for £16.00, with wheels and a fuel tank for £6.00. Total = £37.00 plus p&p

so if he accepts my £2.50 offer I'm quids in even after p&p!