Ebay sellers...

Looking on the inter-net, there does appear to be another company called MB Profi, although this site shows nothing like the replica. MB Profi are a Dutch company that appears to make pylon racing engines, that seem extreme.

Could possibly be that company or yet another, using the Profi name.

Advert

Daithi & Mr Crusty

Well done you are definitely correct (as certain as you can be), it is not a Profi and is almost certainly a Zimmerman. I have taken the liberty to copy, a description from your link.

60—Micro Cirrus 4-Cylinder Inline Engine, (air cooled) designed by Merritt Zimmerman, 19741/12-scale models, built in Ukraine, 2001 and 2003. L=5", W=6", H=4"

Two variations of the model Cirrus engine are these micro engines from Ukraine. (See also #112 below for the V-8 version.) They run on methanol with glow ignition and are among the smallest multi-cylinder 4-cycle engines in the world. The custom glow plugs are only a 5mm hex with a 3.5mm thread. The engines are less than 4 inches long and have a mere .5cc displacement in each cylinder, making the 4-cylinder only 2cc and the V8 only 4cc total displacement. Initial test results proved these micro engines would spin their 7- and 8-inch propellers to 13,000 revolutions per minute.

Only 25 of the 1/12-scale 4-cylinder air-cooled engines were produced in 2001 and another 25 of a water-cooled version. In 2003, the remaining parts for the 4-cylinder engines were used to manufacture less than a half dozen each of the air-cooled and water-cooled V8 engines.

It does beg the question, how it has passed into the hands of some one who appears to know so little about it.

For the money expected, and the nature of the engine and its origins (however talented Mr Zimmerman appears to be), if I had the money and interest, I would want to see and handle the engine. Partly on the basis it could be just be a piece of static art.

Posted by David Davis on 14/07/2014 12:50:59:

Then there's this one,

and this one.

**LINK**

Well they didn't sell and I put the highest bid on (didn't even reach double figures ) !

Anyway he's got spirit as it's been relisted with no alterations. **LINK**

Guess who's winning it ? teeth 2

Come on lads (and lasses) let's get it up to a tenner for him !!!

Yes, the 'aerial' is a bit steep, but then it is a manufacturers authorised partdevil. I'm not saying that he is offering bargains (FrSky V4R-II at £15?) but he is far from the worst.

Only last week I had to return an item for a refund - A4 size padded envelope which had to be tracked, £7.80 with the Royal Mail - now THAT is robbery!

Hi, this guy is totally unscrupulous. I bought 3 carbs off him, charged me 3 amounts of postage £16.40. The postage on the small padded envelope was £1.70 envelope cost about £.50p. Reported to eBay to leave negative feedback and it turned out he was trying to reclaim his charges as well. Other folk have left neg. feedback as well only to have it removed later. Why do eBay allow these predators to continue? Regards Steve.