Ebay sellers...

Pete, On the lots that got us and fellow formies up in arms, he was a bit like a strip tease artist ( so I understand!! blush  showing some of his wares with the promise of oodles of goodies later. I saw the Turbie offer and thought he had shown enough detail for proper evaluation to be carried out. I can't summon up the Latin at the mo, but, buyer beware seems to apply!!

Advert

I looked at the Turbulant auction, for me the only reason to bid on it (not that I did), was that there was a good chance the dummy engine parts were all there, no guarantee but if you are desperately in need ha ho.

Also the windscreen looked to be there.

Yep naughty in some respects but if you had been after some of the bits that were there it may have been a good buy for someone, perhaps not a good price. but then everyone has the own objectives

Edited By bert baker on 24/01/2015 10:16:51

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 24/01/2015 09:52:05:
Nothing wrong with selling that sheet of dials, it's their property and they can sell it if they wish, even if it was originally free.

Copywrite does not prevent you from selling something, if it did there would be no sales of second hand books etc.

I did say that it appears to be a scanned copy in which case copyright (not 'write' - think 'rights' does apply

The description does say "Aircraft Cockpit Gauges, on a decal sheet" so I would give them some credit, and say they are the original stickers. My copy of the stickers is also a bit curly at the edges so I would not assume that it is a dodgy photocopy!

Thanks for the spelling lesson, I am sure you are perfect 100% of the time

Ok then, what do you think I should do about this one... I just won a Durafly P51 Mustang on Ebay, advertised as collection only from Woking... turns out the guy lives in Lowestoft, which is about 2.5 hours further away! I certainly wouldn't have bid on a collection only item that far afield.

Do you think I'm within my rights to ask him to post it (at my expense) or ask for my money back?

Posted by Ian Mathews on 24/01/2015 18:33:13:

Ok then, what do you think I should do about this one... I just won a Durafly P51 Mustang on Ebay, advertised as collection only from Woking... turns out the guy lives in Lowestoft, which is about 2.5 hours further away! I certainly wouldn't have bid on a collection only item that far afield.

Do you think I'm within my rights to ask him to post it (at my expense) or ask for my money back?

I think your within your rights to refuse to buy it on the grounds of misrepresentation Or to Tell him you will meet him in Woking as thats where it was advertised as being Or come to a compromise over postage

Posted by Ian Mathews on 24/01/2015 18:33:13:

Either it's up to you, though I'd hesitate to pay the postage above what you would've spent collecting the item, a change of item location after the auction ends is against Ebay rules, I had this with a faulty item and as a result I got a refund and the faulty item, which ended up in the bin, after opening a case in the resolution centre because the seller refused to answer my messages. So talk to the seller 1st and then see where it goes