Ebay sellers...

Advert

Not a model but I was looking for a bed frame only, and came across this lovely bed including mattress and thought what a great photo to use to advertise it. Wonder if it comes with free fleas.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGLE-METAL-FRAME-BED-WITH-MEMORY-FOAM-SPRUNG-MATTRESS-/331082426516?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Beds&hash=item4d160ce894

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 09/12/2013 22:04:39

One of my regular searches is for "engines" in "aeroplanes".

Now Hobby King Suffolk is listing masses of stuff and everything is showing up in this search, servos, glider, everything. I gave up after eleven pages.

I did get one laugh. They are selling left and right servoless airbrakes as separate items. One airbrake is totally useless. Come on Gary, get real!!!

Left Airbrake

• 3 weeks later...

Rob, did you read the description, it's a laugh-a-minute!

"Left and right vertical fin control enable this flying machine to turn left or right giving it a 360 degree turn capability." Wow - who'd have thought it? A plane that can turn through THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY degrees, and either left or right! smile o

"Will easily take off from any smooth surface on its scale landing gear." They describe this as a "Mustang". You don't suppose they're thinking of the P.51, do you? I guess I can see a slight resemblance if I close one eye, tilt my head to one side and squint through the other eye. But SCALE LANDING GEAR? No way! disgust

And you must watch the video! Ah no, you can't... "Aereo Rc Mu... This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by [email protected]" embarrassed

But hey, c'mon.. you get a 27MHz radio, a NiMH battery and a "high torque Ferromagnetic 180 motor + speed reducing system" - sounds like a brushed motor to me. Last century's technology, anyone?

Posted by John Privett on 29/12/2013 22:08:32:

Rob, did you read the description, it's a laugh-a-minute!

"Left and right vertical fin control enable this flying machine to turn left or right giving it a 360 degree turn capability." Wow - who'd have thought it? A plane that can turn through THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY degrees, and either left or right! smile o

"Will easily take off from any smooth surface on its scale landing gear." They describe this as a "Mustang". You don't suppose they're thinking of the P.51, do you? I guess I can see a slight resemblance if I close one eye, tilt my head to one side and squint through the other eye. But SCALE LANDING GEAR? No way! disgust

And you must watch the video! Ah no, you can't... "Aereo Rc Mu... This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by [email protected]" embarrassed

But hey, c'mon.. you get a 27MHz radio, a NiMH battery and a "high torque Ferromagnetic 180 motor + speed reducing system" - sounds like a brushed motor to me. Last century's technology, anyone?

I asked them if they £525 price was correct,their very courteous reply:
Hi there,

We have deliberately set this price high to avoid any sales, as we have temporarily run out of stock.

Once the item comes back into stock the price will be reduced accordingly.

If you click on the number sold (next to quantity available) it will show you the price we sell it for.

Kindest regards

Daniel

Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 01/01/2014 01:16:38:
Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 29/12/2013 21:45:20:

Anyone else think that **LINK** this has been submerged in water?

Oh well, I think it does anyway..

The "other items" seem to tell a similar story. Isn't that the area which recently had bad flooding ?

Caveat emptor springs to mind.

kevinb.

Posted by Masher on 01/01/2014 10:08:24:

I assume this includes a hundred hours or so of tuition too!

I dunno... Some (potential) sellers seem to have very inflated opinions on the value of old books.

I've been keeping an eye open for a copy of Charles Allison and Andy Nichols book, "Flying Radio Control Aerobatics". It's a book I had out of the library years ago - before I realised that the Charles Allison who'd co-written the book was the same person who'd been my bosses boss a few years earlier (he had no interest in r/c models at that time). Anyway I decided I'd quite like a copy of the book, but it has been out of print for a long time so only available second-hand. Some sellers were asking $400+ for it!

I eventually got a copy for a pound plus three quid postage. thumbs up