Hand Sized V12 Engine

James40

Advert

Thats SWEEEETT..

Remember the Italian guy on Clarkeson, that made a 1/12 Ferrari, from scratch, with just photos.. !! Had an ignition key, pedals, beautiful body...

There used to be an American company called Conoly iirc, who made 1/4 scale cars, complete with supercharged V8s, and proper 'spark plug' engines.. Even had a dizzy cap..!!!
Unfortunately, last I heard, the factory burnt down, and took the die's and plans...
They used to do an AC Cobra and boy-racer Model-T, for about $15,000, plus engine, plus add-ons, like supercharger, etc... All meant for RC..

If you search tube for 1/4 scale cars you're bound to find one..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

• 2 months later...
Here is a link to a set of drawings for a V8 based on the WW1 Airworks engine. They actually will run, it is 10.6 cc and a local guy in our ME club built one. However, he found it did not really have enough power to fly a model aircraft. There is a lot of frictional and heat loss in a small multicylinder engine. The ME magazine has also just described a scaled up version. (The articles on the original were also in Model Engineer.)

There have been working scale models built of the Merlin, one guy was a bit apologetic because the blower was not really working, it was just stirring up the mixture a bit. I'd be really thrilled to build a single cylinder IC engine that ran, let alone a V12, let alone having the blower fully functional. There is also a Napier Sabre under construction, and a Bristol Hercules has been done, as well as some of the Pratt and Whitneys, Bently BR2 rotary, and a few others. There is also the Mercedes on this page, which would look rather stunning in the right model aircraft. Mercede 1909

However there does seem to be a bit of reluctance to actually put them in a plane once they are built!

regards
John

Edited By John Olsen 1 on 28/01/2012 23:26:23