All things SAS wildthing

We phoned SAS to order a Wildthing a few days ago but Alan Head was away. He phoned on the 15th at 10pm and we placed an order for the 60" Wildthing there and then. It arrived earlier tonight (the 17th) at 7pm. How's that for a rapid service!?

And my son thinks it's just for him. Muhahahaa!

Hi Lee

I am a graphic designer, and commissioned a friend to cut my own design on her vinyl cutter. I applied the self adhesive vinyl last night user her method of wetting down with slightly soapy water first (which allows easy movement and positioning), which by this morning had dried out with no wrinkles and is as tight as a drum. I have considered offering this as a service (combining work AND pleasure? surely not!) as I'm really pleased with the result. I just need to balance the model and I am ready to chuck it off a hill - I may take more pics in case it comes home slightly tatty!

Matthew

I reckon this two colour design should have cost me about £12 - which is quite a bit on top a £55 model, but I am sure single colour designs could be done for under a tenner. All I would need is an accurate plan to work off - I had to run a tape over my WT. It was rather nice to be able to quickly personalise a model - I have kept the underside plain as I am thinking heather and gorse will quickly mess that up - and I really wanted to make sure that I knew which way up it was when hurtling towards me! Also I find that a plane needs some kind of canopy - even if it is only a sticker. It seems my love of kites has made the crossover to my planes... I may play with a few designs and post them up here - if that sort of thing is allowed Timbo!