All things SAS wildthing

Well I have flown twice today

Just got back from trying a hill right behind the house, Its a mile uphill walk but worth it when I got to the top, Just to save a bit of time I phoned my brother from the top , Then flew the WT right back to the house, Superb flying landed in the back garden

The other flying I did today will be another post shortly, Lets just say mouldies and fantastic

Best regards

Lee

P.S. Heres my latest design not sure if I have already shown you or not

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/ViperTBE/P130908_1634.jpg

He was apprehensive and declined a go! I don't blame him as the wind was quite diagonal on the slope at times and he's never flown before. Anyway the WT soared well and generally flew ok, although to be honest I was a bit disappointed with it's ability to penetrate. It was quick enough on the downwind leg but when turning into wind it slowed right down and sticking in more down elevator just put the nose down. It was also a bit unpredictable on turning sometimes I might need to do some tweaking of the throws or set some exponential as Alan Head recommends. 

Perhaps I'm expecting a bit much? I guess it's still a good model for the price, and it has still to be flown in a good square-on wind. It was a fun afternoon

Hi guys,

I love my WT 46, I had the original 'crunchie' version which bought the farm on a very windy day. I remember spacing the servos apart with a piece of balsa as they wanted to move and threaded the Rx aerial up the hollow aileron to make it neater (maybe the instructions suggested that?).

I struggle to keep it stable inverted, either nods its nose or flops out, probably my thumbs although I have tried playing with the CofG a bit.

Don't get to fly it very often as it's very flat round here (Northants) but it's small enough to take on holiday and survives well in the car with luggage thrown on top it!

I tried it at Chesil Beach a few years ago, went a treat (piccie below).

I often wondered if it could be bungee launched, maybe a hook on a plate well taped on?

Cheers

Gary

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/27615/Wildthing46.JPG

• 4 weeks later...