RCM&E / Greenacres 2012 fly-in general chat

Advert

I made it to Greenacres but unfortunately the Black Magic didn't - too far to travel and hangar rash would have been inevitable - so the next best thing is a short flight with her.......smile

Definitely my noisiest electric by far with an embarrassingly roarty roar at full power - must be the open structure acting as a sounding board.....teeth 2
Pete

Pete,

A beautiful classic. A geat location (sun no rain) I really must get back to the board and finish mine. Work stopped when I realised Greenacres clashed with annual hols (rain in Devon), I have still half a wing and covering to complete.

Tim

Yes, Martyn, that's my pile. Looks quite nice - from a distance! teeth 2 Given the summer we've had so far, the pool has been slow to warm up and it was only this afternoon, when it reached my comfort threshold of 24C (woose!), that I judged it barely warm enough to go in. It was very nice, I have to say, but they take some looking after and I wouldn't build another......uses up good modelling time, Danny!smile

Seems like summer is finally arriving here. Forecast 32C tomorrow, dipping to the mid-20's over the weekend then 30C-ish all next week.......so might get to use it a bit before winter sets inthumbs up

Yes, Chris, it's something that's puzzling me. The prop is balanced and the motor seems pretty firmly mounted to the bulkhead which is 3/16" ply. I could try laminating some 1/8" ply to that to stiffen it up and see if that improves it. It's certainly much louder than the Matty........so eat your hearts out, you slimers! smile dteeth 2

Sounds like the Walters are planning a visit so I'mm off to flash up the barbie - that's the first time this year, too!

Pete

ps Ah yes Martyn, the landing - the first two were a touch bouncy as it seems to run out of elevator authority very quickly and it doesn't flare at all - so I spliced in the decent one..........wink 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 10/07/2012 14:01:05:

Don't keep us waiting too long Allan......your many supporters are hungry for news (especially to know if you can succeed where Lindsay failed.....teeth 2) thumbs up

Good news in that both 38cc Mintor engines have now been started and run.
Details here with video soon to follow.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

• 5 months later...