RCM&E / Greenacres 2012 fly-in general chat

I've been a little quiet and not wanted to make assumptions until the Greenacres Club had held their AGM but I'm delighted to that they've again agreed to host our 2012 Summer Fly-in!

It'll take place over the weekend of 23rd and 24th June and there's more info at the Greenacres club website (nice work Chris Bott ).

For those who haven't been before, - it's a general fly-in (not a show) with flying 'off the peg' all weekend. It's friendly, relaxed and informal.

We'll have some little fun prizes to give away and if you've designed your own model then why not bring it along, we'd love to see it.   

Camping is available too by the way, just check out the Greenacres site for the details.

It's great to meet up with old friend and new and this year we'll have the Vintage Mass Builders showing and flying their new models so it promises to be a great event, see you all there!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 29/12/2011 19:28:19

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 29/12/2011 19:29:11

Advert

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Admin on 29/12/2011 19:20:26:

It'll take place over the weekend of 23rd and 24th June and there's more info at the Greenacres club website (nice work Chris Bott ).

We'll have some little fun prizes to give away and if you've designed your own model then why not bring it along, we'd love to see it.

Thanks David.
Yes the website is brand new so could have the odd glitch here and there.
The info is fairly generic at the moment so if anyone has a more specific question just ask away here. Usual plea goes out for decent weather, it's the only thing we can do nothing about, so fingers crossed.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 29/12/2011 21:18:10:
Great news! I'll be there complete with "BEB Towers" as in previous years! One of the best dates in the dairy without doubt! Great flying site, great company and for the last two years great weather!

BEB

Hiya BEB, didn't notice a dairy there this year.

Geoff.......still can't wait dept.

Posted by weasel on 29/12/2011 20:38:38:
David you will have to get time off work excuses are not allowed when it comes to the Greenacres event... plenty time to sort out your shifts...
See you down there again Weaz.......
I have just checked the shifts and I finish work at 0700 on the Saturday!!
As soon as I can I will try and get the Friday night shift off so I can attend!!

Dave

Posted by Chris Bott on 29/12/2011 20:55:50:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Admin on 29/12/2011 19:20:26:

Thanks David.
Yes the website is brand new so could have the odd glitch here and there.
The info is fairly generic at the moment so if anyone has a more specific question just ask away here. Usual plea goes out for decent weather, it's the only thing we can do nothing about, so fingers crossed.

Thanks Chris - I'll put the date on my calendar and try my best to be there this time. Thanks also for the return of the plan, which arrived the other day.