RCM&E / Greenacres 2012 fly-in general chat

Yes Steve as Allan says it's family friendly. The more the merrier especially if it might get the odd one in to the hobby.

For safety we fence and rope off the whole flying area and are pretty strict about where people fly. This isn't onerous for pilots as long as they can stay one side of the straight line they are standing on.

For smaller kids there's a park type play area too.

• 1 month later...
Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Great News!!

I have the friday, Saturday and Sunday off work now so will be there for the whole hog!!

Are there likely to be any trade stalls this year? Was a little disappointed at the lack of them last year!!

Ian, 2 T-shirts and a Hoodie ordered!!!! and with the colours I have ordered, I wont be easy to miss!!!!!

Now I just have to try and get on with the Matador build as its not been touched for about a month due to work and wedding planning!!

blush

I know what it is Dave - just in case theres a photo in the mag and you are in the background wink 2

I've got a lot of preparation to do too - I hoppe I can have the models I wanted to bring ready in time.

Can someone with the necessarey contacts order a warm day with a light wind along the strip please. smile p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading all the input on this fly in and thinking i might be able to make it.

i do like a good fly in as they are lotts of fun and a chance to meet some of my fellow flyers....

is there any charges for camping or anything else as being on benifit i need to raise the funds if they are needed. cheers gary.

Hi Gary

The only compulsary charge at Greenacres is £5 per day to fly.

Spectators are free, we do appreciate it if campers give us a donation for camping as it does cost quite a lot to put the event on. But it is voluntary. Traders are asked for a donation to the raffle prizes, so that can be either large or small depending on what they think they can manage. That is if any traders turn up..

Hope to see you there
Cheers
Chris

PS - thanks Ken, yep there's more info on our website.

Martyn we have had motor homes on before but I wouldn't like to guess how wide the gate is. It looks pretty wide... I'd think you'll be alright.

FF We have a rule imposed on us by the local council that to fly at one of our events all pilots must showproof of at least an A cert and valid insurance. So without one you'll be most welcome, but will be unable to fly.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 01/06/2012 16:33:12

Hi Funnyflyer,

Unfortunately you will be unable to fly at Greenacres, due to the area that the fun fly is held on. It's on Walsall Council property and our agreement is any person flying, must have at least BMFA A or equlivant.

Reg Lewis

Chairman GMAC.

• 2 weeks later...