RCM&E / Greenacres 2012 fly-in general chat

Advert

Will have to try and get down again - much fun last year. hopefully will be about a bit more this year.

Will speak to SWMBO, check the FoE (Forecast of Events), and see about coming down. Now to camp or to hotel....

Will hopefully ahve a completed webbit this year too!

Might have a nice vintage wing if I'm lucky.

Dave G - If SWMBO doesn't want to come along we could share transport if you want? worth it with cost of fuel as it is....

Edited By Olly P on 03/01/2012 14:08:57

Posted by Will F on 02/01/2012 10:03:17:
Why does this always clash with Wings n' Wheels?

Yes, we have spoken to the "Wings and Wheels" people about this - but to no avail. They will keep picking the same weekend as us - silly of them really.

BEB

PS Olly - you've changed your avatar - again! I can't keep up!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 03/01/2012 14:37:25

Just realised I'm going to have to sort out my A Cert. Before Greenacres. I've been a lone flyer for a long time and not got around to doing the test.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 08/01/2012 20:45:50

I really wish i saved a few penny's and joined in with this...... I will keep some a side for next year... haha

Posted by Jim Newberry on 08/01/2012 20:40:56:
Just realised I'm going to have to sort out my A Cert. Before Greenacres. I've been a lone flyer for a long time and not got around to doing the test.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 08/01/2012 20:45:50

For anyone who has been flying for a while the test is very straight forward. You can do the test at any local BMFA affiliated club, you're allowed two goes in any one day, and there is no charge. Or there shouldn't be! Just give them a call and ask to set up a date. The A cert only needs one examiner so its not a big issue for them. Be aware though that most clubs will ask for evidence of insurance - so take along your BMFA card.

BEB

Olly, as Ken says its "early days". Take a tip from us older married men. I find that when women say "no you're not going to xyz" there is usually an implied but unspoken addendum along the lines; "not, unless you agree to this something else I have in mind as a quid pro quo..."!

The difficult bit is that they are not going to just tell you what the "something" is - oh no, that's far too easy - you've got to figure it out - its all part of the game. Otherwise you see they would have to ask, and that isn't going to happen. So, you have to be very attentive over the coming days - at some point she will say something like "Do you think we could have my mother over to stay for 3 months" - don't rush your answer at this point...this is the test...the condition. If you say "I know its important to you dear, so yes of course we can" then you can book your ticket to Greenacres. Miss that window of opportunity though mate and I'm afraid its washing up from now until September.

BEB

BEB/Chris - Not just to me but most of the country - that's all I'm saying in public. I'll PM you both to explain.

If it does happen that I can't get down I'll try and sort something with Dave G to take my Webbit down so you can all see it in the flesh....

Olly