RCM&E / Greenacres 2012 fly-in general chat

Posted by Stephen Jones on 24/06/2012 20:52:43:

" Due to engine trouble i think i only managed four flights ."

Well I only managed one and a half flights! Then a wire in my flightbox managed to unsolder itself so I thought someone was trying to tell me something so I gave best to the weather and went home!

It was great to meet and talk to all the forumites.

Respect especially to Ken and Weasel and the couple from Cornwall who travelled so far to be there.

Off to France on the motorbike tomorrow so I'll be quiet for a while.

Advert

I'd just like to say that all those miles were worthwhile as I had a great day meeting so many 'famous' forumites - I feel I have been anointed.......teeth 2wink 2

Great respect to all those who flew in the changing conditions - taking-off in sunshine and landing in heavy rain 5 minutes later, followed by the rush to shelter, doesn't lend itself to relaxing flying, does it?

Plenty of seriously nice models to see and I'd certainly recommend a visit for whatever is decided upon for next yearthumbs up

Me, I'm heading back to where the sun shines with some consistency (usually) next week........wink 2

Pete

Posted by Ian Jones on 24/06/2012 20:02:41:

Glad I made it today. I'd have been gutted to learn what I'd missed afterwards. Thanks to all involved in the event and thanks to Martyn K for getting there (and back).

Great to chat to everyone a know and a good many I didn't too.

I'd like to add that reading through this thread I'm amazed how many of you were there that I didn't get to knowingly chat to. I hope to catch those I missed next year.

Perhaps Martyn K's name badge or some other ID is the way to go?

Brilliant Day......A BIG THANKS TO ALL AT GREENACRES thumbs up, very safe, very relaxed,very good fun. Will be there next year all being well.

I notined some vintage in the air-good on ya. Surely I wasn't the only one to fly a Junior 60????

Hi all great weekend as usuall hop we do it again next year and i won a prize for best rcm&e designed built model, bonus, but unfortunatly broke it in half due to aileron failier well i think they bound probably due to swelling as i got it wet under the covering due to the showers and failed to turn.

Thanks for all the great comments to us Greenacres lads as we do try make it as trouble free as possible and i think we do that well and thanks to Graham and David too but the big thanks for me go to our chairman Reg

To those who didnt make it please try next year as you really do miss out on a great weekend cheers

What an amazing weekend! Thanks to everyone at Greenacres MAC another fantastic event.

I did fear that the rain might spoil things, however it did have the unforeseen benefit of us all gathering in the marquee for a chat, meeting each other and laughing at Tim getting soaked again.

See you all there next year, if not sooner!

To all you that braved the rain and flew, I hope you've rembered to dry out your Transmitters and planes - Packing them in rice can help (the TX I mean - some of the planes would need a few yrs consumption worth of rice).

Thank you to everyone for making it a great and memorable event and for all the great comments and thank you's, its very much appreciated - Chris TX tent

Posted by Andy Muckley on 25/06/2012 13:40:25:

Hi Alan how brilliant was it to see Harry jump up and down when he won that cesner kit, he was over the moon, bought a tear to my wifes eye it did, a future pilot i'm sure

Yep, more than a few of us willing him NOT to draw the screwdriver instead! teeth 2

Pete

Had a great weekend despite the weather, good to chat with friends new and old. An even bigger thanks to the boys at Greenacres for making all of us feel so welcome once again.

I have never seen a more versatile line up of flying machines, isn't it a great hobby?

Now correct me if I am wrong as I may well have had rain drops on my glasses but I am sure I witnessed Mr Fenton fly not one but two of his aircraft? or was this a dream?

The problem now is that we have to wait a whole 12 months!sad

Thanks again to everyone thumbs up

Rich

Posted by Richard Harris on 25/06/2012 16:37:13:

Now correct me if I am wrong as I may well have had rain drops on my glasses but I am sure I witnessed Mr Fenton fly not one but two of his aircraft? or was this a dream?

Sources have confirmed that Mr Fenton did indeed commit aviation on more than one occassion, we counted them out and.... teeth 2

I was very rusty..... both landings were in the same county in which they took off... only just mind you.

Landing light (working) on the Chipmunk was visible though wink 2 Had to be at the pub on Saturday night to know the story behind that...... I am know known as "landing light" to my errr so called friends.

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 25/06/2012 17:19:37:

Landing light? I tell my kids off for leaving that on when they go to bed

You were trying to get that into the conversation all evening on Saturday weren't you LOL very good. Crikey Rich that must have been a long lens, can you photoshop out those flaps mate, very untidy embarrassed the stick I give my clubmates for taxiing with the flaps down embarrassed

Thats it used up all my embarrased emoticons for today LOL

Posted by Allan Bowker on 25/06/2012 12:42:56:

What an amazing weekend! Thanks to everyone at Greenacres MAC another fantastic event.

I did fear that the rain might spoil things, however it did have the unforeseen benefit of us all gathering in the marquee for a chat, meeting each other and laughing at Tim getting soaked again.

See you all there next year, if not sooner!

Posted by Pete B on 25/06/2012 13:50:42:
Posted by Andy Muckley on 25/06/2012 13:40:25:

Hi Alan how brilliant was it to see Harry jump up and down when he won that cesner kit, he was over the moon, bought a tear to my wifes eye it did, a future pilot i'm sure

Yep, more than a few of us willing him NOT to draw the screwdriver instead! teeth 2

Pete

I'll third that Pete, the look on his face said it all. I've just read he's built it already thumbs up. Great to meet up and have a chat, I think my sides were still aching from laughing at Kens and Weasels jokes for most of the morning.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 25/06/2012 20:21:25

Harry's excitement was just one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Great to see such enthusiasm.

Another highlight was winning the cuddly toy - ho hum - I guess someone had to get it!

PS Doesn't look like I'm gonna have an internet connection very often this week, so I'll be reading these posts in batches, when I get the chance.