More fake Futaba 3003 servos.

Paul Marsh

Advert

There is a chap who is learning to fly. Some came with his trainer, which had four fake futaba 3003 servos in it. They did seem to work ok, the model crashed for another reason, but the servos were not at fault. I did point it out they were fakes, and suggested he'd buy original items.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/02/2012 20:53:15

These counterfeit versions were discussed in this thread a while back, althought the (different) seller there mentions that they are not genuine. Despite the number of reports to Ebay having been made, I see they are still on sale, so you're probably wasting your time pursuing it.

Presumably, as it has been happening for so long, Futaba haven't got their big guns out and stopped him, so we stand little chance.

All we can do is hope that threads like this highlight the problem by bringing it to the attention of potential purchasers.

Ebay has had its advantages and I've had some good purchases but it is also a minefield for the unwary or naive.

Pete

Just asked another seller why he is selling them as Futaba when they are not...He says 'why are they fake?i use these in my cars i use with no problems at all' ooh in a car huh....so not a trainer with a 46 engine stuffed in its nose coming down rapidly.