More fake Futaba 3003 servos.

Paul Marsh

My girlfriend gave me an MXM /JVC video camera to sell,It was brand new with all its accesories.I put no reserve £10 start.It was immediately withdrawn and a message sent to me saying it contravened copyright.It also stated that if I tried to re advertise it as Not JVC ,my account would be closed.Tony Prince purchased it from me direct.

• 1 month later...
Advert

• 3 weeks later...

so i saw 2x 3003 servos on ebay for a good price so i was like i could use a few extras for some new projects, waited a life time for the post from japan and opened the packet and all seemed well loads of horns and parts, now for the servos i laided my grubby fingers on them and they felt rather cheap and more tacky than anything i have ever seen from ebay, so i plugged them into my rx and powered up one seemed fine a lil buzzy and very geary sound but good power and the other sounded like it grinded all the gears within a second of it being plugged in so yeah not good at all so try not to buy off ebay unless your willing to deal with the whole paypal res center and on another note i was looking at buying the saturn 5 or 6 system is it any good or should i just go all out and get the spektrum dx6i or is there any other 5-6 ch sys worth getting?.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/03/2012 20:19:21

hello aaron...there has been many copies of futaba servo's on e-bay brought to everyone's attention on the forum here......instead of risking a model aircraft with duff gear in it(it'll end in kulou)big style..... why not buy them from a reliable source in this country......genuine futaba servo's can be bought for a few pound.....servo's....here..futaba 148's for £8.00..they last for ever......even cheaper if you buy them in bulk(4)........

ken anderson ne..1 futaba dept...

Edited By ken anderson. on 20/03/2012 19:47:42

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/03/2012 20:20:28

I bought some servos off Alan 4 this weekend. Good price, all checked, and you know the person. Also the servos are better 148's, 3001 and Hitec 905 stuff.

Wonder how long before a model goes in, causing property/personal injury? As one person here found out today, that they either failed, or rasied concern about their quality. These clone 3003 are 'orrible to think about buying

Edited By Paul Marsh on 20/03/2012 20:13:34

Hi, Aaron. Did you see the report that RC Model Reviews did a while back? The link is near the beginning of this thread. It will scare you what you were going to put in your model. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Also reporting an item is a complete waste of time. There is no control, or incentive to do so. The original listing I  put a while back is still running, and has sold more since then.

The one is bought was only £2.91, inc P&P. Still, I reckon it will be a month before it arrives...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 20/03/2012 21:01:24

yeah there will always be tons of fakes listed on ebay i am still breaking in my os max 20fp then its going in my firsts trainer i have played with a few elec rtf planes but this is going to be my own plane and i think i will get the specktrum dx6i and a few savox servos just been told that the set up will last me a lifetime i will wtick these servos in one of my boats to test them til they die

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the market for four servos and came across these on FleaBay although i would,nt risk these on the model size there intended for ,but instead followed Ken Andersons link to the servo shop but heres the thing are these fake or not as these have eyeleted full mounting holes but white main shafts ?.

To be or not to be

Stephen

Edited By Essef on 10/04/2012 07:54:10

Edited By Essef on 10/04/2012 07:56:03

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've just recently bought a fake TowerPro SG-5010 and when i received it i went straight to opening it up to see what's inside:

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/VERYlowbudgetRC/media/DSC01619_zps7deb2dcc.jpg.html

Then i went on testing it and for the price it works wonders, centers nicely, has decent speed and torque, and much to my surprise it is made by a real company. www.rc-kpower.com

I am very satisfied with this servo, at first it was a bit squeeky but now it's getting more broken-in.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the fake S3303 servos are still widely available from a range of ebay sellers (some with amazingly similar customised pages sarcastic 2).

A search on ebay for "Futaba S3003" returns a list of some genuine looking servos and just as many not so genuine looking ones.

A point worthy of note is that the fakes have been stated as being identifiable by their white output gear and open ended mounting lugs however this example has the white output gear and closed mounting lugs, in fact the top of the case is very similar to the genuine article - with the output arm mounted it would be be difficult to know which is which.

They're still banging them out, so take care chaps !