Death of a Stuka

Advert

The Stuka was ex TJD model which some may have seen hanging up in the shop - The Cessna was a right-off as well as it has glass fuz.

We took over a black bin bag to get all the bits in the field from the Stuka - half of one wing must have been totally fragmented because we could not recover enough bits. We always ensure any bits are removed from the field because its used for livestock so we ensure our hobby causes no problems to the farmer.

The Stuka was flying so well.

Although loads of bits were so fragmented I understand that George is going to get it re-buit again - mammoth tast but it would be great to see it in the air again because you dont see many around due to the harder wing construction...

To be fair I do not usually show any crashed planes - I never post such on our club blog (for good reason) however I asked both parties concerned and both said it was OK to show the video which was then uploaded to my own video channel.

Both pilots were upset about the event and anyone can say it shouldnt happen but with any precautions you take you can only deminish the chance - but never totally stop it...

• 4 weeks later...

George,

I heard the bang,I turned my head and the whole sky in front of me was raining balsa and other bits.

I could hardly believe it as I had watched the Stuka take off and as far as I knew no other planes were up, I did not see Ken's Cessna.

I was impressed with your show of emotion and I am sure everyone was shocked on the whole of the island to hear you express yourself so well.

I look forward to chasing your B25 Mitchell around the sky again with the Twinstar but will keep a much safer distance.

Sorry I have not visited the Stuka in hospital.

Regards,

Mike E

As so many of you have viewed this video I do intend to make another video of the Stuka but this time it will be a take off and a landing with no other plane in the air. George should give me a kick when he is ready and I promise to post it here as the Stuka has got a great profile in the sky. - Let me know when your ready George.