Death of a Stuka

You're link me. Managed to get some really bashed models back into the air. Some either people gave me after crashing, or old models that I broke in the end. Even if doesn't get as pristine as before, as long as it is strong enough and flies ok.

Got some photos of it at various events if you need another angle, etc...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 28/04/2012 11:05:28

Hi, the cowl hold the parts together, super glue. When dry fix with fiberglass and fiberglass resin then selotape. When dry peel off tape for almost a smooth finish sand down and paint. One spat was badly damaged but will fix in same way. canopy I was going to fix with canopy glue got most off it back but found one on web for £8 +post so no brainer George.

Hi George.

The pictures showing the work in progress of the Stuka look great and I am so please you have posted them here for all to share. I have to admit I would have lost any bet (big time) regarding the practical posibility of getting this model back into the air again - but there she rises like a Phoenix from the ashes...

I will not be after this remarkable fellows name from you as he must be a migician to raise this Phoenix.

Regards Peter

Geo, when posting pictures could you just press enter between each photo, just so they end up one above the other? How you'd done them was side by side, some browsers sort this out, but some show them side by side going off the right hand side of the screen.

I've done the ones above, it would be a shame if some people couldn't see them.
It's coming along rather nicely isn't it? I like a good rebuild.

Hi jo thanks sorry did not get back to you sooner busy fixing aircraft ect work ugg. keeping the boss happy and i dont meen at work. I like fixing them wont let them beat me have you seen my cap 10 new pilot alien old pilot tide up in back. thanks for your support regards George.cap 10

• 3 weeks later...

I popped into Hendon a few weeks ago and saw the real thing for the first time. I was amazed at the sheer size of it - I'd imagined something about the size of a stretched Hurricane but it seemed twice the size - no wonder it needed a decent engine!

Checking the dimensions, it's not actually that much larger than a Hurri (5 feet on the span and around a foot in height) but it doesn't half look it!

Edited By Martin Harris on 01/06/2012 23:54:52

• 1 month later...