Suckered in

Mark R

This is a similar situation to what happened to Scandisk memory cards on Ebay a few years ago - it became all but impossible to buy a genuine card on Ebay.

Try searching Ebay using the term 'S3003 Standard' and see how many are listed there which you would be confident as being genuine - there aren't many, are there?

Besides, the price is a clue, isn't it? Does anyone really believe they are buying the genuine product at c. £3 each???crook

Pete

Advert

Posted by Pete B on 11/04/2012 18:43:58:

This is a similar situation to what happened to Scandisk memory cards on Ebay a few years ago - it became all but impossible to buy a genuine card on Ebay.

Try searching Ebay using the term 'S3003 Standard' and see how many are listed there which you would be confident as being genuine - there aren't many, are there?

Besides, the price is a clue, isn't it? Does anyone really believe they are buying the genuine product at c. £3 each???crook

Pete

Yes, memory cards are another problem, but ebay come down hard on them. First thing I do is to run tests on speed and capacity. I have found a good supplier for 16GB cards, which I have been using for well over a year, and they are cheap too. work perfectly with full HD video.

As for people believing that they can buy the genuine thing for a good price, why not? If it is advertised, it should conform, if it does not conform, the sellers must be hammered.

bad thing is, ebay have been informed about these servos, and also the copy recievers on there--you have all seen these, havnt you? and they are still being touted around, i wonder if informing ripmax, and spektrum, would anything happen? it doesnot stop there either, a lot of you know i am associated with YT, last year, 4 of our models got cloned, and cloned badly, we managed to stop them going to the uk, and USA, but they are still out there, China has a lot to answer for!!!!

Posted by Alan Cantwell on 11/04/2012 19:03:48:

bad thing is, ebay have been informed about these servos, and also the copy recievers on there--you have all seen these, havnt you? and they are still being touted around, i wonder if informing ripmax, and spektrum, would anything happen? it doesnot stop there either, a lot of you know i am associated with YT, last year, 4 of our models got cloned, and cloned badly, we managed to stop them going to the uk, and USA, but they are still out there, China has a lot to answer for!!!!

China also has a lot we should be grateful for to, just think how much more we would be ripped off if the Chinese competition was not there?

Cheap copies and junk products started off many many years ago coming from Hong Kong, at the time a British colony, so maybe we should look inwards a bit.

• 4 months later...

LOL they must be stupid as they have pic of the FAKE S3003...durr....reported here...alas FF Ebay very very rarely do anything..reported dozens in the space of 2 days and they still appear....Ebay dont seem to care aslong as they get a cut of the money.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 11/04/2012 18:36:14:

I bought one to evalute, as it's only £3, also knowlage means you know what to expect. I'll take the servo to shows (and you can look at it), like I took it to the club meeting, and people were shocked to find it's a fake. Now they know, and avoid falling into the same trap.

Just doing the RC community a favour.

Here's the picture again, of the fake and the real one...

Paul the brass mounting eyelets are around the wrong way, the open flat face goes to the rail/mount to spread the loading.

only put this here in case a newcomer sees the pic and thinks thats the way the eyelets go.

bbc.

EBay? PayPal dispute?

Nah. Straight to Trading Standards Officer. These EBay sellers are not private sellers and Trading Standards know it. A couple I know have buying and re-selling anything they can think of at Charity events, EBay, and car boot sales as their only source of income.

EBay does not give a monkeys. They only pretend to. If they did anything they would lose 75% of their income. They have replaced the old and honorable profession of  Crook's  'Fence'.

PayPal dispute process is fine. They have to be 'trusted', that is what their entire business depends upon. So they are good in all their processes. But there is the time limitation.

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 22/08/2012 06:07:02

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 22/08/2012 06:10:26