Suckered in

Mark R

Grrrrrrrrrrrr not a happy bear at all. Bought 4xS3003 off Ebay and against my better judgement i didnt check the pics properly. I have 4 fake ones, all white out put shaft, totally wrong body aswell.

How stupid do i feel about now......ermm LOTS

Advert

I'd report it to ebay, and if you paid via paypal, to them also. I would also contact Futaba - they will threaten eBay with all sorts of legal things and at least limit the exposure of others. In the meantime are there any nice to haves you can use them on? sliding canopies and that sort of thing, which aren't flight critical?

I would contact the seller and ask them to send me a refund as well as making it clear that THEY are responsible for collection of the fakes, pointing out that if they fail to refund your purchase costs you will open a dispute case.

I would also report them to eBay for selling fake items - if they were acting in good faith (a possibility) I'm sure that eBay would be delighted in assisting them to make amends with their other purchasers....

I did the same and ended up with fakes. I opened a dispute with Paypal and said as they were fakes I wanted a refund, First they said do not sign for them when they arrive but they were put through my letter box without a signature then I was offered half my money back which I refused eventually I was refunded and told I could Keep them.So its worth a try.

Jeff

Edited By Jeff Mills on 11/04/2012 12:43:14

Best to open a dispute straight away through paypal, don't go through ebay's process. There is an optionn for counterfeit goods

The seller has 20 days to do something without it affecting his account, paypal only become involved when you escalate it to a claim, which you need to do on day 19

If the seller does nothing, leave neg feedback to warn others.

It's usually a waste of time to try to resolve it with the seller, they just try and string it out until it is too late to do anything about it.

Hi all, have written to seller and he says he didnt know they were fakes, he's not a shop only a private seller and he was getting rid of 'unwanted!' items. Told him i wanted full refund and he says why should he be left out of pocket after sending etc etc. Wil bang off another ebay message and see what he has to say.

Well, he is a private seller. Or?? all his items are private, so how would you know what he has been selling?

If he does not resolve it, start the feedback "Futaba servos fake....." so others will know what the item is.

It does look like he has just bought them, and now palming them off again.

He should be the one making the loss, you basically have the right to have your financial situation restored to what it was before the transaction.

Sometimes selling on ebay, you have to take the loss when there is a mistake.

The fact that he is in the UK changes the best dispute process, as it may be better to go through ebay, and make it clear you want the return postage paid for as well. They will often cover it, and claim it from the seller. What ever you do make sure you send them back signed for, if the seller says they are lost and he didn't get them, you will lose everything.

If he has half an ounce of decency in him, he will accept the fact that he is responsible for what he sells, and sort it out.

You paid £28 for four futaba fakes. I bought one, for £2.91 just to evaluate. There is a thread here. Unfortunetly you missed it, as one would have spot that they were fakers.#

The ones the original vendor sold were pictures of real Futaba 3003, but the "futaba" was blurred out. This vendor you bought from got fakes from Vendor #1, and Vendor #2 sold them again sharpish for £28, when they got them from Vendor #1 for £9.28, inc p&p.

By the way, you can but 4 geniune Futaba for £28 from SWM. 148's for £30 for 4...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 11/04/2012 18:02:43

I searched for "servos" and found the topic Paul mentions just prior to me doing a BIN on fleabay for the same servos, lucky me even more so when Ken Andersons link points to the pukka items being sold for £28 x 4 this is plus postage but still a great deal in the long run.

I agree with others dont waste time being diplomatic just inform PP and the'll pull the finaces back in total, ebay are a waste of space and only care about there returns.

Stephen smile d

Ps heres KA,s link Pukka Servos Are Us

Ahem.

He bought them on the 9th of March and they're clearly marked as "Simulation" IE fake.

He paid £9.20 for them.

As soon as they arrive he puts them on Ebay.

BS.

He's quite clearly trying to flog the fakes as original to someone despite knowing that they're fake.

Oh dear, inspite of the dire warnings on here, and the fact that Paul actually bought one of these demics, a scam was not noticed, the threads about fake servos where well attended, and i would have to ask myself, if offered other servos in any ebay add, what are they?? the forum would be the first place i looked

I bought one to evalute, as it's only £3, also knowlage means you know what to expect. I'll take the servo to shows (and you can look at it), like I took it to the club meeting, and people were shocked to find it's a fake. Now they know, and avoid falling into the same trap.

Just doing the RC community a favour.

Here's the picture again, of the fake and the real one...

Posted by Mark Rowse on 11/04/2012 18:29:03:

Bummer is i have shouted on another thread about fakes etc........how daft am i to fall for it myself oops!

Paypal informed thumbs up

Don't feel bad about it, no matter how long and how many items we buy from ebay, we all get it wrong sometimes.

Make sure you follow up with neg feedback, he deserves it, not only for selling fake goods (I have a feeling he knew) but also for not being man and decent enough to put things right, he is certainly not a good ebayer!