TN 134" Lancaster build

It's looking exceptional so far Tony.

I have a mate here in Australia that is doing the same size from the same plans, and he discovered a HAPPY coincidence. The FMS exhaust stacks on his V8 FMS Mustangs are near enough to EXACT size for this.......pre-moulded, and as he has no 3D printer access, this is rather fortuitous. He has several sets in his spares box.

Seems appropriate to me....if you have some $4 plastic exhaust moulds in 1/9th scale in a drawer....build a $3000 model for them to go on.....cheeky

He is still looking to find sources for other bits in the correct scale for this. He is a model train guy.....so anything but PERFECT isn't good enough for him....

Edited By Simon McCann on 22/10/2017 20:34:48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps , I'm so impressed with this model , I have a 100" four stroke powered Lanc and although not the best flyer (its a modified version of the old Aerotech kit) , it does look the part in the air .

Can you give me a second opinion on the two 134" lancs on you tube please ?

They just look like they have a little too much dihedral ?

I am starting on one of these big fella''s in foam veneer ( for my own amusement ) and would like to get the look of the first one in the air , without the palpitations!

Pull me up if this has already been mentioned .

Richard

G'day Tony,

I am the bloke that Simon McCann posted about here in Australia building the Lancaster.

If I may ask, what servos do you use through the machine?

There are a few of these models around the area and I have contact with a fellow Lancaster pilot in Brisbane. I had as good a look as politeness allowed back in March but I was not wanting to invade his time as we were flying at a big meet and there was a lot happening.

I have enjoyed reading through the thread and look forward to getting mine in the air. One day, when she is right.

Regards and respect

Daryl Woolfe

Grafton NSW

Australia

PS, If I may add a thank you to the good folk at TND. Their service was absolutely brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

Richard,

I'm interested in your comments about your modified Aerotech 100" lanc. I have both the TN 134" in a box waiting folornly in the 'to be built' pile and an Aerotech that is in progress (I say in progress but there are 3 other planes in progress too). I am making a few mods to it such as changing the fin incident angles and digging out as much foam as I can and swapping some for balsa sheet. I will also re-make the very badly fitting ply parts. Could you tell me the mods you made to yours please?

I am aiming to learn from the smaller 100" job before committing to the 134".

Best, Rob