TN 134" Lancaster build

the bomb bay should start under the canopy, but for structual reasons i did away with that bit.

the bomb bay will not be a working one anyway, so it will not be an isuue.

The Manchester (if it happens) will use the same fuselage and wing center sections.

different outer wing panels, tailplane and of course the 3 fins.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wings looking good Tony. I know what you mean about having your posts followed I guess a lot read and few add some words,with my Diamond DA42 I have no comments but I noticed you passed my thread to someone today for a plane I.D no message left but hey ho nearly 2000 views so I must get looked at

Martian

Hi Tony you ere absolutely right it is nice to get a response in the way of a comment good or bad,there is so much to learn from looking at other modellers work and it's only fair I guess to add a few words of encouragements but you are not alone in feeling this way.. looks to be a full workshop there

just a bit, but i sold 2 models a couple of weeks ago to make a bit of room (not that is feels like it)

in the workshop at the moment, we have.

2 super scorpions

1 sea fury

1 vickers viscount

1 vickers 163

1 heinkel he 111

1 hk soar 40

1 pulse 40

kamco kloudrider

4 small free flight models

1 3DD funfly (still in box)

and a few plans. he he he

Just enjoyed reading through this entire build! I am still awed by the size of it! Most models I build would fit happily between the fins . . . How many forests of balsa wood did you use laugh

I like the scale cockpit details and am looking forwards to seeing this one finished- it will certainly have presence!

its not that scale to be fair.

i just cant get my head round the amount of detail that some builders put into a model.(wish i was that good)

but as long as it looks like a Lancaster from 10ft away, thats fine by me.

dont ask about the amount of wood used, i think i could have built a normal sized sports model from the wood used in one wing panel alone.

be glad when its finished.... and i can move onto something else (might be better to finish one of the others first)

Well done on this one tony it looks great, all your models look good!!

Im thinking about doing the tn hurricane, shal I buy the laser cut pack for it or cut the bits myself?

I do have a band and scroll saws.

Cheers woody

Posted by Tony Bennett on 25/07/2013 10:47:27:

yes they get looked at, but some words of encouregemnet would be nice every now and then.

i some times wonder that if you are not part of the "in crowd" your threads tend to get ignored.

Be reassured that that is certainly not my experience here, Tony smile

I know what you mean though - there are some forums where. if your face doesn't fit, it seems you get ignored - but I've never, ever found that to be true for this forum.

Indeed, I'd go as far as to say you are one of our 'core' posters, with some amazing builds and a prolific output which puts many of us to shame....perhaps that's why we just look on in awe.......embarrassed

Perhaps, too, this is an opportunity to appeal to the 'wallflowers' and 'lurkers' to pop up and say something from time to time - we really WOULD like you to contribute - and I can say with absolute sincerity that there is no 'clique' here.....thumbs up

Pete