this bloomin weather

Alan Cantwell

Advert

It's typical,

I booked this off work and thought I'd either spend time at the field or on the slope...........wrong........

I have not had the chance to do either, but, tomorrow looks like a day on the slope.......smiley..........

Steve Houghton and I plan a nice and early start for the morning.......

Fingers crossed

Phil

We had our club's anniversary BBQ organised for last Monday - guess what, we picked teh only decent day in a two week spread! Since then it hasn't stopped raining. You can just about see the grass growing, the garden is loving it.

Not good news when you see gardening as a choreangry

It's blowing a gale down here in Herts. At least the rain is passing by horizontally! The only thing I've seen flying this week is my garden furniture!!

At least I can get on with stripping down my Nieuport 28 ARTF and building it back up in to something fit for purpose!

Andy

Yep third summer in a row that's been a wash out, as you say the long term weather forecast is all doom and gloom.

live in the south east normally get the best of what's going but not this year, as I'm writing this gale force winds and rain.

HopIng it's going to cheer up for the Wings & Wheels show 23rd 24th.

Done all the things I normally do when it's raining. Cleared and sorted out the workshop got round to building ( sorry assembling for the real builders) a Sebart Angel 50e and a Hangar 9 Pulse 60xt which have been sitting in their boxes since last year

But........still no flying frown

JC

Me too, in Worcestershire... Nice weekend, flew 14 times on Monday ( most ever ) but it's been utter pants since..

Thought the wind vein on the roof was a gonna last nite..!! And my gravel runway is a series of 5" deep mini lakes...

On top of that, I've had zero enthusiasm for the model room this week, so nothings progressed.. I've cleaned up alot of kitten poo tho... !!

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 08/06/2012 13:09:01

Currently blowing 35 - 48 mph Westerly in North Devon. Blew our neighbours fence into our garden last night.

Just having a spot of lunch, then off up to Woolacombe with my Acacia F3F and a bucket load of ballast................YEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley

Backing off a bit tomorrow, but still forecast 16 - 20mph, so will be out sloping again.

Wet and windy in West Sussex. Only been to the field once this year- on Good friday for our annual work party. Flying strip is across two fields from the road and not good access when wet as it is only a dirt/farm track no hardcore base. Dry weather no problems -right to the pits.

John

Feel sorry for all the folk with the serious disruption due to the bad weather. Also feel happy to report that near Fort Wiliam in the Highlands that we have had great weather for many weeks now. But, The MIDGES, they love it as they dont fly in much more than 2mph wind.

Very windy here down near Kingston apon Thames. Winds up to 70knots and heavy rain.

Hot weather here last Feb-March and had some great flying even got down to some shorts & t-shirt. Then rain for what seemed like months. A couple of weeks of hot weather and some great flying apart from one crash and one prang. Now back to wind and rain.

Seems any chance us flyings can get to fly we need to take as who knows what the rest of the year will be like.

I am sat here in a camper van at a campsite just outside Barmouth. It is howling (still), but the rain has eased. It's very relaxing lying in bed listening to the beach being rearranged every few milliseconds, it's not very relaxing when the gusts have the same effect of a M7 earthquake.

I have an electric glider with me which I did manage to get an hours flight with on Tuesday evening, flying off the beach

The campsite broadband connection has the same erraciticity (sorry - white wine and I am not sure it is corrrect now) as the wind gusts which is just as irritating and 3G is non existent..

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 08/06/2012 22:53:39