Building a parkflyer

Hi all,

Im curious to know if anyone has come across plans for a small electric park flyer that could be built essentially from scratch?

I'm looking for a hand-launched model, wingspan under a metre...roughly

Ive seen a few ARTF's (Britflight Hustle) but I wondered whether anyone has built their own park flyer or people generally see it as a waste of time and money when you have pretty good quality models straight from the box.

Regards

Advert

Hi CT...

I'd avoid the tiny models and go for something, as you said, around the 1m W/S mark.. 400-ish power size.. This will give the advantage of using normal 6-9g servo's, and Rx, etc..

I found an own-designed profile Bipe called the 'Breeze' on RC Groups, then made it a full-bodied model using the original plan as a basic layout... Just guessed most of it, but it flies..

I prefer depron for my own designs, but wood's an option too, but probably needs a bit more forward thinking, whereas foam can be added and removed at a whim...

HTH's

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Posted by Robin Kearney on 03/08/2012 10:35:12:

Hiya,

This little model from Stevens Aero has been tempting me for a little while, it can re-use most of the guts of a Parkzone Ultra Micro model, or you can buy the electronics separately. Available in the UK from Micron Radio Control.

That little Swift is a really attractive little thing

samcat-5589c792fb28e1d35aaf0a734b25fbb8.jpg

r.

I've been thinking about scratching a park flyer from the original Comper

31643.jpg