Pick a plane 2008!

David, excuse me, but I have to "keep plugging away",  I've done a rough count whirlwind "lovers",we not that far behind in the twin" votes"  , so, bribe ya mates, get'em on "rcme site" and vote for the Whirlwind. come on there's lots of plans for Spitfires,Hurricanes, Mozzies, Hi110, BUT only 3 avilable for the Whirlwind, So tell Ya  mates 'VOTE 1 Whirlwind"      thanks Barry   

Advert

would some one with more time than me like to do a table of votes/planes,

and I might also ask where is your national pride, do you all forget your heritage, stop asking for Tony to waste his time on that which you can buy as an ARTF, we do want something that we want to build from scratch, forget the Mes and Fws etc........if you don't want a genuine original one off.......buy a kit, there are way too many cheap kits out there.... next will be a call for F-86/Mig-15/AeroMacchis or how about Hornets, /14/15/16s /22s /35 /Foxbats/Floggers/.......Hell, why not DaVinci's helicopter......and don't get caught upon what motor size Tony should design for......you can scale up or down to suit if you are a modeller or can get to a print shop - that part is easy pick your motor or required fan size, do a bit of maths, have the plans scaled both in X and Y directions........

Hi Folks,

here are my suggestions

1 Gloster Javelin twin electric approx 1.4 metres wingspan (good size for the car) with retracts

2 Dehavilland Mosquito twin electric

3  Spinks Acrostar approx 1.4metres wingspan (built light for either IC or Electric) Not British I know but a favorite of mine, the ones I have built have been to heavy in design.

Quite a varied selection but with a view to our roots as a leader in aircraft design. British and Proud to be.

There are many aircraft which I would like to propose but as we can only suggest three,here they are

1) Percival P56 Provost (electric)

2) Comper Swift ( either version) (electric)

3) Gloster Javelin (edf or pusher electric)

Having been interested in aircraft since 1952(approx) there are many aircraft which I would like to model so it was difficult to decide which to put forward . Thanks for the plans which have already been published,I have built some and I am making up a "kit" to build a "Chatterbox 2000".

Here are my suggestions

Vulcan B2, Valiant, and Victor, all approx 3' wing span or greater and preferably electric powered, pusher prop maybe, it would seem to me that these aircraft are sadly represented as flying models and were part of the cold war's most succesful aircraft, especially the Vulcan and the Victor as these went on to perform roles well beyond they're original brief with spectacular success

Just my thoughts

Mike Todd

The scratch builders are still out there waiting in the wings (pun intended).  So refreshing to open a magazine and  read a construction article instead of review after review of ARFs. I often take a trip down the nostalgia lane, reading through model magazines from the  1970's onwards, revisiting construction articles. Yes, ARFs introduce new participants into our hobby but the art of scratch building must continue.  How about something different to those that have been flogged to death? And let the plan have the option of i.c or electric power.

First choice;        Gloster Javelin  2 x ducted fans      40, 46 or electric equiv  ( 60 to 72 " span)

Second choice;   Northrop N9M Flying Wing  (single or twin engine)  No fuselage!!      as above

3rd choice:           Fieseler Storch                                                                                               as above

Construction plans for these 3 aircraft are rare as hen's teeth.