Pick a plane 2008!

WELL it's come down to this, "another" Hurricane, HOW Many plans doz.s.  The "Mozzie", Great Twin,  classic aircraft.  Doz's of plans for them.  "Whirlwind lovers" there is still time, not far behind , SO  VOTE now ----  1 , 2 & 3  Westland Whirlwind, THERE IS ONLY 3 "PLANS " available. IF you really want something different at the "Flying Field", ( oh Yea Another Hurricane) Then YOU have to "PULL out all the "STOPS" , and  Vote 1 "Whirlwind".     David/ Tony ,"I rest my case". Barry  

Well, it looks like the Hurricane is well on it's way to the top, but I agree with Ralph Hebron's comment a little earlier.

The Hurricane is an extensively modelled aircraft, lets have something a little different, I'm sure Tony N might also find it a little more interesting to design and produce a plan of an aircraft that has been rarely modelled.   If the Hurri wins thro', I wonder what Tony might select as an alternative and future project.   It would be interesting to see his comments when the selection is finally made.

Mike R.

O.K people,  at this stage there is little hope of changing anything, but for what its worth, here's my  three:-

1)  Grumman Bearcat- 60"ish wingspan, with flaps and retracts powered with 6/8 Lipos and a big Axi.

2) AT6 Texan - Similar wingspan, retracts, for 6 Lipos and Axi.

3) Cosmic Wind Goodyear racer- 50"-60" wingspan for 6lipos and Axi.

I do'nt think any of these are available from the usual plans services and would be a change from the current front runners for which plans abound.

Cheers, George.

I have never attempted a plan build but there are many plans available for the Spitfire. The Hurricane also was a brilliant downer of The Hun during WWII I think this plane would make a good example for all scale modeling and provide a good sounding board for underlining the achievements of this plucky little fighter. Hopefully a little bit more stable and forgiving for the novice / intermediate flyer than the Spitfire? 1.       Hawker Hurricane (electric)2.       F4U Corsair (electric)

3.       BAE Hawk (EDF)

Look forward to reading and building from the RCM&E plans, whatever the decision. Dave