Show us your workshop!

Ernie

Advert

this has cheered me up a lot Timbo's pics reduced to me feelings of inadequacy and shame on many fronts, not least because he HAS a garage, never mind the contents! But then some sanity returned and I realised I'm not the only one who builds things on the dining room table at night. Talking of which, need to get back to my wee project...

hi cant show mine at the moment ,but it would make timbo very ill.it is a large loft room 23ft by 18ft by 6ft high . mostly stacked floor to ceiling with planes kits and bits. i have two collapsable dress rails thesw hold about fifteen fusalages upright by the props wing rack made from old cot side cut in half and screwed to wall holds ten wings  have five plastic chest of drawers these are handy as you can see whats in them

My workshop's a cellar too.  Damp makes my tools go rusty .  Nice long bench, but can I find a stool to sit on anywhere?  I've been to every 2nd hand shop in Scarborough, not a stool in sight unless I want to sit 6in off the floor.  Still sitting on that camping chair.  Shiny new band saw and bench drill fresh from Aldi...let's see how long they last at £40 and £35 respectively...

It's a cluttered tip, but I try to keep on top of it.

Love it Eric!   Its like one of those "wheres Wally cartoon puzzles" In your case you could run a competition such as - " There are 5 tranny's hidden in the photo - can you find them!

I've no room to talk.  My house is my workshop,  Iv'e got stuff all over the place!

Good for you Myron! - Grumpy - Never!  Its just the cards delt in life.  Iv'e had 2 efforts and 4 children. Yes single now but it dosn't mean necessarily lucky!  However I think I have finally met my soul mate. For various reasons my eldest son has now come to live with and the house could really do with a womens touch!  When my girlfriend visits she usually comes out with comments like  "Students!"  BUT like you - still modelling !

Alan B

.Thanks for being so understanding.I think we' re off thread again or at least I am ! My "soul mate "is 'er indoors who loves modelling B---s  I'm very lucky in that respect . Actually loves what I do ! She's been on 'er stimulator and thinks she can fly .Hmmmm .?  I'll be the one to renovate the contents of the dreaded black bin bag I think? Must get loads of these new fangled glues in!  If Timbo is tuned in tell him I've got  a watt meter & charger on the way .I won't give up on my new project (just to keep up to date -regardless of enjoyment )  Have you got a cat ? They love the boxes that modelling things come in !

Still more than ever Grumpy Myron  (must turn this thing off -Its interrupting my building schedule ) OR is it ME! All answers on a postcard please so as not to waste modellers time like I do on the net

Hi

Here is my workshop or as my wife keeps reminding me ,the front room.

This area is also home to my other interest, the computer.note also the boomerang hanging from the curtain rail.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010007.jpg

This corner has bookshelves dedicated to computing and aviation matters

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010008.jpg

The TV corner also has a set of draws with model making things in, hiding behind them and the TV is my paramotor.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010011-1.jpg

This is another stack of draws with lots more model making things in.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010012-1.jpg

Last but not least is my workbench, as you can see being it is being used as a coffee table.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010009.jpg

Cheers

Kelvin

Tony Patman

How do you manage the damp in your cellar,my workshop gets very damp,hoping to insulate it soon,it ruins radios etc,was wondering about my planes,already had one warped tailplane.does it get into the glued joints when building,

Lost a plane once for several months in a field well away from where i was flying when a friend brought it back all the joints had gone soft .

Pics of shed to come at weekend.

Chris

christopher small wrote (see)

How do you manage the damp in your cellar,my workshop gets very damp,hoping to insulate it soon,it ruins radios etc,was wondering about my planes,already had one warped tailplane.does it get into the glued joints when building,

Hi Chris.  Well, I improved the ventilation by unblocking the light-well (which had been sealed with paving stones on top) and installing an extractor fan in the window, but it's still damp enough to make my tools go rusty.  I haven't noticed any particular problems with it penetrating models yet, but we'll see.  The radio I have down there seems to be fine too, so I guess your damp must be damper than mine!