February 2013 issue feedback

Terry Walters

"Oh, he's OK" says the owner "he's just been mixing his toasties"! Boom boom!

BEB

I don't get it!!

I have been looking forward to this issue for Jim's plan, but have to say, think she looks better in her revised colour scheme...

**LINK**

Would bring a bit of colour to the flying field. Think I might go down this road!!

Still waiting for my copy to arrive here in Melbourne, OZ.

Advert

You blokes are a disgrace mocking rabbits and the picture of Mr whittaker suffering the stench from electrics. tut tut tut.

My feedback for the February 2013 issue is, the cover looks good, the article overviews sound good, the editorial should be good as usual. can't wait to read it.

BEB you are correct with that one, but a conundrem arises for me. I was born in the UK and migrated with parents to Oz so should i thank my ancestors for sending rabbits and other pests to annoy me in their future?

Edited By bouncebouncecrunch on 18/01/2013 06:32:49

Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 18/01/2013 06:32:13:

BEB you are correct with that one, but a conundrem arises for me. I was born in the UK and migrated with parents to Oz so should i thank my ancestors for sending rabbits and other pests to annoy me in their future?

Edited By bouncebouncecrunch on 18/01/2013 06:32:49

No its OK BBC, you can rest easy. You were the final shipment! wink 2

BEB

Only joking! Honest!

Mine arrived Wednesday ............ not too sure if that was actually ahead of seeing it in Smiths ...............

Looks like Autogyros is a hot topic as it's almost ubiquitous in the mags !

Some good stuff for everyone this month I think. Not too sure about the survey on page 9 - I'm sure when I was in school, you couldn't have 138% of respondents smiley

Posted by GrumpyGnome on 18/01/2013 15:08:21:

Not too sure about the survey on page 9 - I'm sure when I was in school, you couldn't have 138% of respondents smiley

Well, you can if you are allowed to tick more than one box. But in this survey it seems that exactly 69% ticked one (or more) of the top-five boxes and 69% also ticked "Can't remember". The second figure implies that 31% did NOT tick that box and ticked at least one other box. But 32% ticked "family introduction".

THEREFORE some people must have ticked "Can't remember" AND another box.

Or possibly a typo not picked up in proof-reading.

Being "part of the team" I often bite my lip rather than comment on content but as part of my new years resolutions, to heck with that.
2 things. The diagram of the E-Pioneer on page 46. If that is the 'landing gear' what does it take off from? Undercarriage please.
Also, any one else think Ian Redshaws well known weathering is a mile overdone on the Zero? That's a lot of paint missing for a serviceable aircraft.

Andy Ellison

Must say that I disagree with the Ed's comments about the hobby possibly being saved by the return of the undead (that includes me in there somwhere)

IMHO the best way forward would be for all committed (?) aeromuddlers to sally forth and buy a cheap and cheerful (relatively) park flyer, and fly it as often as possible in places frequented by the Public. Nothing, but nothing, succeeds like publicity, and a brightly coloured, easy to fly model, that you could safely recommend to enquirers, young or old, could well do the trick.

Having stuck my neck out that far, can I suggest from my own experience the Hobbyzone Champ as filling most of the parameters. It is small enough to be easily transported, big(ish) enough to handle moderate winds, and currently retails at £65 or less. I have had one, didn't wreck it, and developed confidence in determining which left hand is the one that I meant to be the left hand.

Posted by kevin b on 21/01/2013 20:01:22:
Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 16/01/2013 08:19:42:

Should get a copy on newsagency shelves in May (Australia)

we still have your rabbits, foxes and mosquitos if you want them back.

Only if you'll take Rolf Harris and the Murdochs back.

We'll keep Kylie though.

You forgot Clive James and Barrie Humphries (ior maybe that's their revenge for deporting them there in the first place)

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 21/01/2013 18:15:36:
Being "part of the team" I often bite my lip rather than comment on content but as part of my new years resolutions, to heck with that.
2 things. The diagram of the E-Pioneer on page 46. If that is the 'landing gear' what does it take off from? Undercarriage please.

Andy Ellison

Cambridge Dictionary:- Landing Gear The set of wheels and other parts which support a plane when it is on the ground and make it possible to take off and land.

The E-Pioneer Assembly Manual calls it landing gear, and I decided to try and use the same terminology to avoid confustion. Landing gear is in quite common usage not just with model but full time aircraft. See here:

**LINK**

**LINK**

**LINK**