Jeremy Vine excels himself.....

Pete B

Advert

Posted by Bob Moore on 18/01/2013 13:32:02:

Radio for idiots.

Probably why I listen, Bob - makes me feel so much brighter! teeth 2

Yes, Colin, that's it. Less for amount, fewer for number..........thumbs up

On the teacher/snow issue, it was clear that the male caller wasn't going to be manipulated by JV into saying what JV wanted so, as usual, the caller was cut off in short order. Glad he felt chastised about it!smile

Pete

Who's Jeremy Vine ? I'm not familiar with all these modern "celebrities".

I thought the purpose of spending time in the shed was to carry out the noble ritual of balsa bashing and its associated tasks. As men we are not supposed to be able to "multitask", so shouldn't we be concentrating on the matters at hand instead of some trivial manufactured discussion in which we can take no part ? I can fully understand having music on in the background ( This was found to have beneficial results in factorys during WWII ). Or is it that some of us have to have cause to be really grumpy when we leave the shed ?

Kevinb Bored with grumpies dept.

P.S. I really don't know who Jeremy Vine is, nor do I care. I have a life (of sorts).

Broaden your horizons and listen to Radio 2 for a while, Kevin -it's a BBC radio station - then you can grump along with the rest of us.........smile

Pete

ps this is the Chit-Chat section - we can discuss anything we like here, not just aeromodelling - if nothing else, it shows we have a life, too.......wink 2

it shows we have a life, too.......

Agreed. There is more to life than just aeromodelling.....

Like motorbiking, paragliding etc. I was 850 feet above sea level on my paraglider on Thursday!

(plus not had much model flying of late with this weather, so nothing to repair either!)

Plus I'm not even lucky enough to have a shed to be grumpy in. smile p

Edited By Bob Moore on 19/01/2013 21:39:34

Posted by Pete B on 18/01/2013 16:28:42:

I'm far too much of a gentleman to tell you what I think of that daft bint, Elaine Paige....wink 2

Pete

Funny you should say that of all the presenters on R2, EP is the one who always makes me find another station ...

Kevinb

I played my kind of music for a living (amongst other things) for most of my life . And I mean MUSIC ! Now I listen to the music I've never been able /capable of playing ie classical mostly as well as Radio 4 .I'm now learning the piano & piano accordian as well as designing/building models .And I'm very grumpy too .I have so many interests now being retired (running a farm being the latest) and comfortably off that I don't have to waste any time listening to rap/boybands/girlpower "bands" that don't play any instruments .I leave that to all the uneducated young people who will probably never do more than turn the volume up to annoy my age group and press buttons instead of getting enjoyment out of actually creating anything .

Rant over before I get really grumpy .--There goes my new years resolution wink 2 Yes --Who is Jeremy Vine ?

Posted by avtur on 19/01/2013 21:41:40:

Funny you should say that of all the presenters on R2, EP is the one who always makes me find another station ...

Like minds, Avtur. She's been known to drive me over to Gardener's Question Time, for Heaven's sake....smile o

Pete

Posted by Pete B on 19/01/2013 23:21:47:
Posted by avtur on 19/01/2013 21:41:40:

Like minds, Avtur. She's been known to drive me over to Gardener's Question Time, for Heaven's sake....smile o

Pete

That is so funny .... me too ... as Mrs Avtur will testify to ... I long for DB in the car to give me more choice !!!!

Cor! a 2.2 in an art, he would not get a job today. Other than he went to Durham, maybe.

I missed the program, does the aircraft fall out of the sky if the batteries fail? I guess they are back up to a generated supply?

I can see the attraction to the radio, when driving, I recently I have started to listen to the, I think, the "Classical" radio. That is when not listening to Punk and heavy metal, give me Napalm Death every time.smiley

• 4 weeks later...

Vine does it again....

All the stuff about Oscar Pistorius (bladerunner) and JV has to do his investigative reporter bit and ends up with an 8 year old (or so) boy live on air asking the boy how he feels about whats happening in SA and if he's going to take the picture of bladerunner off his wall.

What happened to protecting children from exploitation!!!!!.

If I could find the right email address I'd complain to the watchdog and as for the boys mother handing the phone to the boy on national radio.......

Rant Over - back to coding an ejector seat test rig.

Skippy

I thought it was just me who can't stand Jeremy Vine. However, some of the interviewees, and oftimes the callers, are barking. Listening to them shout across each other can be v funny!

I'd say Evans is the least worst of all the breakfast DJs. Ever listened to Christian O'Connell on Absolute? Almost unbelievably annoying.

As for Ken Bruce, "professional (insert ethnicity here)" types are annoying, but have you noticed his constant need to get the last word in on everything? I feel sorry for Lynn.

Elaine Page: I've been trying to get a recording of her laugh to turn into a ring tone. Have you heard it? Full. On. Evil. Witches. Cackle.

I met Tim Vine once. Nice, approachable, bloke.