Flying Goals for 2013

cymaz

My ambition is to implement the plan I had a year ago to make a runway or two flyeable off once the ground has dried out & invite more visitors to the Scarborough area to come along and fly for nothing .If you have a chainsaw & are qualified to use it,then that would be very handy too.No problem for campers either as we have a small but registered site for that as well .Those who have been from forum contact have had a really good time .

PS  Jon

Can't guarantee three maidens !

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 01/04/2013 16:51:05

Advert

My goal for this year is to actually get down to the feild and do some flying, 4 weeks since my last visit due to the weather and work but to top it all off yesterday i twisted my ankle and after a visit to the hospital this morning i'm gonna be out of action for another 6 weeks as i've actually fractured my fibula. Not a happy easter bunnysad

Edited By karl grey on 02/04/2013 21:39:07

My aim for this year is to fly larger non foam models, go i.c. and fly a lot more. I'm self taught, but after nearly 4 years I'm hoping the guys at club I've just joined can help me fine tune my flying, so I can take my FW A test at the very least. Because I'm greedy and fly off slopes as well, and I aim to finish setting up and maiden my 2.6mtr Willow F3F in the very near future, which means mastering my DX8's programming, oh and get a big scalie too.

I'd like to look back at my post in the new year and say "I did all that", but I'm sure I said something similar last year embarrassed

• 1 month later...

My main goal is done. Passed my FW 'A' at the beginning of May smiley.

So i can get a lot more flying in now, as long as the weather helps out. Been flying Saturday and Sunday,but not too many flights. Just taking it nice and steady and enjoying the new feeling of flying without an instructor, and now swapped flying the trainer to a WOT4.

Well donethumbs up.

The first flight on my own after my 'A' was as nerve wrecking as my first ever go on the Tx.

As you have a Wot4 ,when you do your 'B' it will feel no different, except a warm smug satisfactionsmile d

Edited By cymaz on 27/05/2013 09:04:09

Thanks cymaz. Actually flying on my own was no problem.I use to do it with a heli. It's getting use to flying with more people in the air doing their own thing. When i was training i seemed to be flying on my own or just with one other flying around. I'll soon get use to it though. And yes , onwards and upwards to the 'B'.

• 6 months later...
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/03/2013 12:17:41:

My last two trips to the field have been a waste of time due to weather/ground conditions. So my flying goal for 2013 at the moment is to do some.sad

BEB

Well I think I can say that I definitely achieved my goal this year! You see that's the secret of success, set the bar low! wink 2

How did you get on?

BEB

Posted by John Privett on 19/01/2013 10:23:27:

I guess I'm kind-of the opposite to The Unmagnificent Man! I prefer to fly and repairs/building planes comes way down the priority list.

So I need to;

Reassemble the wreckage of the Pushy Cat that I crashed last summer and has been sitting on the bench ever since.

Get the various spare bits of Sceadu assembled into one heli.

I'll go along with the others' suggestions about flying more and in better weather too!

BMFA tests, well I have a F/W B and Heli A, so I guess a Heli B is next on "the list" and maybe one of the silent flight ones? Slope would be ok to do (I have the models and - I hope! - the ability, just need to drag an examiner over to the slope!

Interesting thread!

Well isn't this embarrasing! embarrassed We (well, some of us) post about what we hope to do in the coming year and then forget about it...

Then some so-and-so comes along at the end of the year and reminds us about it so we can compare our hopes to reality... smile p

So, looking at what I said back in January, I can start on a positive note. Inspired by the build threads on here, I have got the Pushycat wreckage reassembled into a working model, one that has now flown an additional 20 flights since the rebuild.

After that it all goes a bit downhill... The Sceadu bits are now re-assembled into one nearly-working model. Just needs a bit of setting-up and then flying. Weather and more flying? Not sure it was much different to last year. Heli B or slope A? Err, no...

If anybody posts a "what do we hope for in 2014?" thread I'll try and remember not to post in it! secret

teeth 2