Handy Gadget from SLEC

Hi,

My dad taught me that you never cut yourself with a really sharp blade - its forcing a blunt blade that leads to accidents. So I swop the blades in my scalpel frequently. But, I don't know about you, one job I hate is taking the blades out of Swan Morton scalpel handles. I always find it really fiddly having to lift the back of the blade whilst simultaineously pushing forward, all the time very aware of the "sharp pointy bit" much less than half an inch away from my finger tips! disgust

So, when I was buying some wood on SLEC's website last week and came across this "scalpel blade removal tool",

blade-ren230-640.jpg

I was interested, and at 52p I decided to try one out.

Well I can report it works like a dream! Click it round the blade, a smooth pull and off it comes. The blade is retained in the click-locked case, just unclick it open and tip the old blade into your sharps bin. Simples!

You can find details - here near the bottom of the page. I can recommend them if, like me, you have an aversion to pulling scalpel blades out of your own flesh!

BEB

Advert