Panther Or These??

Johnny Kirkham

Advert

I like ,

I think this year will be the year that will see a large proportion of model flyers flying Auto Gyros and i for one would like to have a go at one this year too .

I have 4 plans now and a broken Auto Gyro that was given too me as the guy could not get it too fly .

Oh what am i too do indecision

Edited By Stephen Jones on 08/02/2013 00:41:35

Posted by Stephen Jones on 08/02/2013 00:37:03:

I like ,

I think this year will be the year that will see a large proportion of model flyers flying Auto Gyros and i for one would like to have a go at one this year too .

I have 4 plans now and a broken Auto Gyro that was given too me as the guy could not get it too fly .

Oh what am i too do indecision

Stephen.

What is the damaged one ? It might be an Idea to repair it, get it flying ,as a prelude to flying the love and care that's on the board wink 2.

Tom,.

Hi Tom, after reading the threads on here and the mag Im sure your dead right in saying the Panther will be more suitable for a gyro novice like me. Also Ive just noticed they want £60 postage from Latvia which makes it quiet an expensive kit for a first timer.

One thing i did notice was the prop set up on this **LINK** from the photo's it looks like they have put 2 props on at 90 degrees to each other to make a 4 blade prop? never seen that before disgust has anyone tried this??

Johnny

Posted by Ruprect Spode on 08/02/2013 09:27:55:

Autogyro's apart, following the links on the OP, I came across these.**LINK** I am quite excited about the possibilities of these counter rotating systems and shall plan for a Gannet to start with.

It would seem my post above has not been read or it would have been noticed that I was drawing attention to HK's selection of counter rotating power systems.

Posted by Ruprect Spode on 08/02/2013 13:15:48:
Posted by Ruprect Spode on 08/02/2013 09:27:55:

Autogyro's apart, following the links on the OP, I came across these.**LINK** I am quite excited about the possibilities of these counter rotating systems and shall plan for a Gannet to start with.

It would seem my post above has not been read or it would have been noticed that I was drawing attention to HK's selection of counter rotating power systems.

RS

The thread is about Autogyros wink 2 .The contra rotating aspect can be related to certain designs ,but I guess your "Autogyros apart" opening comment, might be the clue.

Tom.

What actually did go wrong on the take of?

Or what should he have done.

When I looked at the take off, the modeller seemed to have full opposite rudder to the direction of the turn, was this wrong. Once of the ground, if he had just piled on full power, would it have gone up?

Tony - Cyclic control is a term from helicopters, where the blade pitch varies or 'cycles' as it rotates to give to assymetric lift on the rotor disc to generate pitch and roll.

Autogyros have simple fixed pitch rotors that are not capable of 'cycling', so the term does not apply. The rotor disk acts like a wing and the whole disk is tilted in the required direction to generate pitch and roll.

David

Erfolg,

There are a few examples of cyclic controlled autogyros mentioned in last months piece. The like are harder to spin up and the swash paddles have to be increased in area to help with cyclic control of a slower blade (compared to a heli). This type doesn't require high torgue servos so cheaper standard units can be used.

Horses for courses

Rich

Posted by Tom Wright 2 on 08/02/2013 14:53:39:

RS

The thread is about Autogyros wink 2 .The contra rotating aspect can be related to certain designs ,but I guess your "Autogyros apart" opening comment, might be the clue.

Tom.

I was referring to the comments on propellors by Johnny Kirkham and Stephen Jones after my posting which was to share subsequent information for the benefit of others. Perhaps my investigations are not worthy of note.

Hi Tom ,

Still in keeping with the thread title Panther or one of these and in replay to tom ,

I have 4 auto gyro plans Fire fly 2 Panther free pull out plan

Crane fly and one i bought a while back Alls auto gyro which has contra rotating blades ,

And here is the damaged Auto gyro .

dscf0298.jpg

dscf0302.jpg

And you can see why it would not fly , but is it worth fixing or do i build a new one and i would prefer a auto gyro without wings , i suppose this could have a mast fitted .