Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Posted by John Privett on 10/02/2020 23:07:41:

Ade - good to hear it thumbs up

Pete - if you're going to Barcelona for more 'inside information' I'll have to blow the dust off my video of my half-lap at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2018. (Not that it helped me much last year!)

Just over a month until Melbourne... smile d

Dust it off and put it up here, John....smile p

Pete

Ha ha... ok, you asked for it!

Since the full thing (half lap!) runs for over 3 minutes, I speeded it up x5.

Even that doesn't fully negate the effect of the 30 km/h speed limit, several "Arrêt" signs and the fact that I had a Hyundai Tucson rental car instead of a Ferrari.

But here it is anyway!

For comparison, here is how Sebastian Vettel handled the same section of track in around 30 secs compared to the 40-odd seconds of my speeded-up attempt!

OK, so Formula One Management don't want you to watch it embedded here.  You'll have to click the link to view it on youtube where they can play adverts at you as well.  Ho hum. "My bit" of the track starts ten seconds into Seb's lap.
And I'm still trying to figure out what 'inside information' I can take from this... nerd

Edited By John Privett on 11/02/2020 21:45:41

I guess we all got the email last night from FantasyGP prompting us to get ourselves setup for the 2020 season.

I've renamed my team "2020 Vision" and fully expect to demonstrate a total lack of such vision in selecting my team and making my predictions in the year ahead.

I also seem to have set myself up a Pro account last month - must have been a surplus of good-will towards FantasyGP in the aftermath of Christmas!

However, once I figure out what advantages they give Pro members, I will not use those for my team in this league - though I might enter a second 'Pro' team in a different league that my work colleagues run.

Anyway, we already have 4 members up and running in the league;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
Rankings are random until after Australia
1 00 2020 Vision johnpflyrcPRO 0
2 00 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 0
3 00 Iqonic racing iqon 0
4 00 GASTON Formula Chris McG 0

I think those who were in last year automatically appear in the league when they reactivate themselves.

For new entrants - just search for the league name: MODELFLYING FORUMITES and enter the Access Code: 8397165

We have to wait - if I read it corectly - until after Winter Testing for the prices to be set, and then we can pick our cars and drivers.

So, just over a month to go! thumbs up

Hi John,

Allow me to NOT understand your decision.

I thought you were against going Pro or Elite last year here in the Modelflying Forumites League...

How can you NOT use the 'own personal knowledge' of for example 'team composition' from one league to another???

We might ending up with 5 participants instead of the 15 last season...

Cheers

Chris

Chris - I rejoined FantasyGP in early Jan. I'm not sure if I misread something on the email from them, but it seemed at that time that I had to go for the minimum 'Pro' level to rejoin. A mistake it seems...

But that's where I am.

Once I understand what the 'benefits' of Pro membership are, then I undertake not to use them here.

I think Pro membership allows a higher budget - that I will not use for my team here. But I might enter a second team with a higher budget in another league at work.

If Pro membership gives privileged access to look at other teams, or whatever, then that is something I will not be using. At all. Wheter I do well or badly in our league, I want it to be through my own efforts, not through buying additional information.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Hi again John,

I'm not doubting your own credibility at any moment.

Roos (Robin) set in the movement last season and you were against it clearly... and now there seems to be no way back anymore for our 'small' league.

This was simply to get some fun with a few forum colleagues, not?

I'm now wondering what the reaction could be from other 2019 members?

Dommage (too bad)... but that's the way it is...

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I understand your point.

And yes, this is just for fun with forum colleagues. Which is why I will not use any privileges Pro membership gives - other than maybe not seeing any adverts on their site (if that's one of the 'perks'.)

Again, if I do well (or not!) in the league I want it to be on my own merits, not through using extra budget, or whatever. A bit like cheating at golf - it's pathetic, because you know you only got a decent score by kicking the ball out of the rough, not by playing well.

Sorry, I made a mistake when I renewed my FantasyGP membership in January, thinking they had changed the membership setup. I now see that wasn't the case, but I have ended up (inadvertently) with Pro membership which most of the others in the league do not have.

I don't see it yet, John.

Kev, Pete and Tony have joined since I published the list earlier.

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 00 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 0
2 00 Essex Racing Tony ClarkPRO 0
3 00 GASTON Formula Chris McG 0
4 00 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 0
5 00 Iqonic racing iqon 0
6 00 Revers Racing Pete B 0
7 00 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 0

Edited By John Privett on 12/02/2020 22:40:36

OK, we've got Robin and Ade (Flyer) onboard again now. Welcome back guys!

Not sure what's happened to John S! Maybe he's entered a stealth team? wink 2

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 00 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 0
2 00 PSS Power Flyer 0
3 00 GASTON Formula Chris McG 0
4 00 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 0
5 00 Iqonic racing iqon 0
6 00 Essex Racing Tony ClarkPRO 0
7 00 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 0