weston park model air show 14/15/16 June 2013

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Andy Green on 10/06/2013 08:16:39:

AT £11 for a day entry is this the most expensive show in the UK this year?

Andy

Quite possibly, and with the cost of fuel and food etc, I will not be doing both days.

Dont suggest a weekend camping, as I dont dont do camping anymore, and besides, there simply isnt enough to hold my interest these days, for that long.

Problem it costs loads to set-up and run a show like this. For example, there are toilets, staff want to be fed/reimbursed for petrol, cost of hire of lawnmowers/buggies and toilet cleaining staff. Litter clearing and hire for fences, lighting and other sundries.

The hire for the swopmeet tent is £400, and that has to paid up-front.

Probably runs into 1000's and it's a risk, if they don't break even, the CD has to fund the funds to cover the shortfall.

ALso the hire of the ground isn't cheap, either. £11 isn't alot, someone at work paid £400 for a Liverpool v Chelsea match, and that only lasted 90 mins!

I know camping seems expensive, but that includes 4, if you take 4 people. Only gets expensive when just one goes and still pays the £60, as it's for one pitch, not per person, if camping.

Also, if there is bad weather, and turnout is low, then the show wouldn't be on the next year. What you you prefer, pay £5 and not have any more Weston Parks, or pay a little more and go year after year.

Please don't get me wrong, but sometimes people are so stingy!devil

Am going on Wed/Thursday and staying all the way.

Talking of swopmeets, I'll be on the Swopmeet tent and if you've got any model-related items you want to sell, please bring them to the tent and book in. It's £1.50 registration fee for each item and 10% comission fee. You leave it with us, got around the show and if it sells, you get the money minus commission to spend on something you want.

See you there!cool

Hi Paul

I'll be going on the Saturday, and its always a great day.

I can remember the Sandwon show, and year on year the entry fees went up ailienating the public, prices rocketed for stands which meant they couldn't offer and real deals, and in the end a great show folded.

I'm aware of the cost of things and the risks involved but I'd hate to see this show go the same way.

Andy

PS i'll come by and say hi.

They won't be flying their usual red arrows haws. They've got super new red arrows hawks, larger than the other ones, with a new smoke system... (I think, don't quote me on that...)

The reason why Sandown folded is due to Sandown charging £100,000 for the use of the facilities. The next time, they wanted double that, as the attendance figures fell. Try to recoup £100,000 + before making a profit? Almost put Traplet out of business, not helped by the excellent Eastnor Castle show, which was good, but had poor, very poor attandance figures.