weston park model air show 14/15/16 June 2013

Advert

I remembert trying to outrun a Hawk or some other bird of prey at Eastnor - being the fastest runner there, was being used as a lure for the bird. Great fun.

Also Weston's got goot trade presence and always come back with a car full of stuff. Sometimes you can bag a bargain at a show,which offsets the cost of getting in. For example, got a Extra 330l 120 size for £25 at a show, and was worth 10 times that - and still in box! Think of it that way, a £200 saving and get the weekend for "free".

Well I've been given the green light from the better half and I'll be going down tomorrow. Looking forward to it! Hopefully the rain holds back.

R.e. the ticket price, £11 aint bad. HOWEVER it's an annoying amount as cash machines don't spit out pound coins...

Can you buy tickets on the day with a debit/credit card?

Cheers,
Si.

Simon, change is given at the gate, which you can then spend at the food stalls.

Compared to most entertainments it's cheap enough, I know race tracks charge far more and I'm led to believe the same is true at foot-balling events.

KC - head for Cosford and you will see signs for Weston Park, it's easy to find.

Sunday is out for me as I'll be working, and the weather forecast is putting me off with gales on the cards tomorrow. What's it like on-site, is anyone flying?

Posted by kc on 14/06/2013 12:01:22:

You cannot complain about poor attendance if you dont give full details of where the show is held.........no details here about where Weston Park is......

Everybody knows where Weston Park is...cool

Easy to find, on the A5 between J12 of the M6 and Telford. Also the M54 is nearby/

Posted by Paul Marsh on 14/06/2013 14:04:41:
Posted by kc on 14/06/2013 12:01:22:

You cannot complain about poor attendance if you dont give full details of where the show is held.........no details here about where Weston Park is......

Everybody knows where Weston Park is...cool

Easy to find, on the A5 between J12 of the M6 and Telford. Also the M54 is nearby/

and a weather / action update live from the Weston site would be really good if you read this, especially for those with a few miles to travel to and from!!

Thanks in advancewink 2

Well actually I knew roughly where it is and that it's so far away from me that I wouldn't be able to go.......but thanks anyway Andy, Bob & Paul. I wanted to draw out this info for the benefit of others. My point being that it didnt say on this thread and that the link doesn't even say what county it is in! So less chance of attracting all potential visitors.

To me it's rather strange to have a 3 day show when it's not a Bank Holiday weekend. What's the reason, is it a local holiday or just an extra day for us retired folk? The " right crowd with no crowding" on the Friday perhaps?

Edited By kc on 14/06/2013 15:40:45

Well I went today and was extremely disapointed. Drove 60 miles, paid £11 to get in only to find that most of the traders were not trading! None of the big names were open in the morning then gradually a few started to open in the afternoon. Some didn't open at all today - I won't mention names but a complete farse on the sales front.

I do wonder at how something as big as this can be so badly organised - I asked some traders why they wern't open and got varioius replies - some were just setting up today. I tried to ask the organisers but got no answer there.

The so called swap meet is only Sat and Sunday - why did it not say this on the website which I checked last night?

Very miffed.

Have a good show to all those not stupid enough to go today like me!!!!

Posted by Masher on 14/06/2013 18:08:45:

Well I went today and was extremely disapointed. Drove 60 miles, paid £11 to get in only to find that most of the traders were not trading! None of the big names were open in the morning then gradually a few started to open in the afternoon. Some didn't open at all today - I won't mention names but a complete farse on the sales front.

I do wonder at how something as big as this can be so badly organised - I asked some traders why they wern't open and got varioius replies - some were just setting up today. I tried to ask the organisers but got no answer there.

The so called swap meet is only Sat and Sunday - why did it not say this on the website which I checked last night?

Very miffed.

Have a good show to all those not stupid enough to go today like me!!!!

I second that, it was advertised as a three day event so i expected 3 full trade days and i had a wod of cash to spend but didn't because most traders were not trading their loss the internets gain The flying was good thou.

Edited By Mark a on 14/06/2013 18:59:47

I went today also, only an hour or so up the road for me so I thought I'd go two days (today and tomorrow) this year. Arrived about 12:15 and the nice chap on the gate informed me that they had dropped the entrance fee to £6 because of the weather. No-one directing parking, so parked right by the trader marquees. Unfortunately, as others found, someone forgot to tell the traders that the show started today.

If I'd paid full price I'd have been pretty miffed too. Al's were still unloading, YT's marquee was sealed up with no-one in sight, Inwoods and Slec were still unloading, but opened mid-afternoon, Motors and Rotors van arrived about 3pm and HobbyKing's van had just arrived as I left at 4pm.

No idea why they bothered to make it a three day event - there looked to be less than a hundred 'day visitor' cars parked.

Hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow.

David

I'm sorry that I must agree with those who have commented above about the friday show. It really was a "set up day" and should have been advertised as such and an adjustment in enterance price made. At least there were plenty of empty trade marquees to shelter in during the frequent showers.warren

I was one of those taken in by Weston Parks Model Show blurb, which clearly states that it is a three day event on the 14/15/16th June and was charged the full £11 for entry.

Were there 100+ trade stalls? - NO

Was there a Mega Swap Meet? - NO

Was there a Massive Boat regatta? - NO (unless they all had sank)

I could go on, but you get the message, I felt cheated. The advert was gross misrepresentation.

Guess who won't be going again?

I feel better having got that off my chest!

Edited By Sparks on 14/06/2013 21:53:51

WHAT A TOTAL RIP OFF !!! will NEVER go again, as per the previous posts, hardly any trade presense, half of those there closed, swap tent closed, about one tenth of the normal show planes present on the flight line, the final straw was to find out that us morning arrivals paid full whack of £11 and midday onward arrivals only paid £6. Felt sorry for the german jet display team to travel that distance to find such a dismal show.

I WANT A REFUND MR BISHOP !!!

I feel a bit sorry for the organisers. After all they can't control if retailers decide to open or not. I guess the price reduction was caused by the guilt that it wasn't quite what it should have been.

That being said I would be very peeved if I had went and paid £11 per person for half/quarter of a show...

I'm hoping tomorrow will be ok...

Si.

I was wondering how many traders would be open seeing it was a work day and not a holiday. Didn't want to fight the work day traffic, plus the weather, ( it was chucking it down most of the day where i live ), so didn't go. The weather is putting me off going, so i may give it a miss, and just go to Cosford this year. ( it doesn't take much to put me off smiley  . It's good to see there was some flying, for the ones that did go, but not much consolation if you wanted to look around the trade stands.