weston park model air show 14/15/16 June 2013

Hi BEB,

Have to say that you have a point, but that's kind of looking at it from a worst case scenario. You could save money by taking your own food, for example - I doubt Steve has much control over the pricing of the food stalls!

In any case, I don't think the organisers have much flexibility to take the price much below a tenner, anyway, so say it was £9 (the price of the LMA shows). You've only saved £8 out of your £124, but the organising committee have taken a big hit on their income...

But anyway, you've persuaded me to come along to the Nats for the first time this year! smiley

Advert

I didn't attend for the same reason as BEB. A life outside aeromodelling. It's on fathers day weekend and while the present I'd like best from the kids might be to be left alone to do my own thing, they see it differently and want to do something with me.

That could be a trip to Weston Park, but a family of five for £55 entrance where four of us have no interest whatsoever, is just OTT for me. Maybe this isn't the organisers problem, but it's why I was elsewhere.

You have a point TWS - but I beg to differ. For a number of years I was involved with the organising of our local Lifeboat Day - an event that attracts over 25,000 people. We too sold franchises for food stalls - but as part of the deal asked to see the cost they would be charging. If we viewed it too high they would be asked to reduce it. If they don't - well there are lots of good quality "burger vans" on the circuit. As I say you expect to pay a premium price at events - but perhaps not an extortionate one!

We did indeed take our own food to Weston for several years. But the problem with that is that you have to park your car some considerable distance from where the action is. So you're faced with the choice of carrying your picnic with you all day - or trooping back to the car for it. Also in previous years there was a total absence of any tables or chairs available to eat a picnic from.

Anyway glad you like the sound of the Nats - its a great event and very well organised. Well worth the trip.

BEB

We couldn't run the swopmeet on the Friday, as most staff hadn't arrived and if we tried it,there would be mistakes due to understaffing and unable to get set up. If someone's money was wrong, or gaffed the paperwork and something got lost, then there would be moans and uproar if that happened.

Also if you find it expensive, stay at home, then...cheeky You would be missing out on all the fun!

We camped from noon on Thursday and our only complaints were the inclement weather on Friday and Saturday and Hobby Kings "product display only" stand. The flying was better than ever and the German jet fliers and Bert Krammer (a true helicopter God) over on the helicopter flight line were excellent additions to an already brlliant event. The boats have never been a massve presence but at least some were on the pool this year.

Already looking forward to next years event

Barry

I went on sunday. I had a great time. The bonus for me was the fact that I actually got to put my chair out and sit .....in the SUN......and watch some model flying. For about the last 3 years weather has spoiled the flying apart from a few die hards who risked their models to put on a show for us punters.

Re the price, I always manage to offset my gate price by bagging a bargain in a tent, this year it was some lovely wood and some glue from 5 Star. I love a good root round the tents....cheeky

Had chat with Ian in the GS tent, seems like a nice boy, very helpfull.....got a 10% ticket, Ta very much.

Also had a V Nice home made sausage and caramelised onion bap. Yum Yum.

PB models (another nice Chap) had a great display of 70's pattern ships, one of those is next on the list........just need a bigger house/shed/garage........frown

Best day at weston in ages..............Cosmic........

D.D.