XT60 Connectors

Advert

No. it's not, Mike. That might have 'male' pins but it's the female half of the connector. The pins on that connector could still be shorted quite easily. The other half of the connector, with the female sockets shrouded in plastic, should be used for the Li-Po.

Despite having made up a couple of dozen XT60's, and having the + sign embossed on the connector, I still once managed to have a rush of nothing to the head and wire up a new 60A ESC the wrong way.

You wouldn't believe how quickly the magic smoke escaped - but only slightly faster than my tears...crying 2

You only do it once.....smile

Pete

Sample of how they are supplied here, Mike. Yes, this business of male and female connectoirs is very confusing - I've seen the same discussion over the JST connectors. I disregard the pins and just consider which part of the housing is male or female when describing them.....teeth 2

Pete

If you look at the pic in the link posted by Mike 6 posts above, you can see that a coin or a key or something similar could very easily short out the two pins. Now if that connector was the one attached to the battery we'd be seeing fireworks...smile o

Edited By John Privett on 22/06/2013 12:09:39

It's all very confusing! I was talking about the plastic part when I referred to male. The Lipo has the part that cannot easily be shorted out by a screwdriver or anything else, if that makes it clearer.