Well?

scott finnie

wot4 no more

Hi all, i'd love to start this off as me blaming spektrum on a brown out! But nope it wasnt that, i'd love to say it was a servo failure, nope not that either, esc failure, nope, it was mine and a part of learning! I have been flying for over 10 years and guess what i make mistakes too, you will guess that im not happy but who would be, i was performing an outside loop when i relised my calculations where a little off! I applied full throttle of my trusty eflite 32 (on a foam-e wot4) and tried to the best of my ability to pull up but to no avail, i had lost too much height and power sadly ment nothing, she was fallen and then thud she went into the ground, i got my friend to go put her in the car and without looking i drove home, luckily a fixable wreck but something im not too happy with myself about, the point im making is we all make mistakes, ive heard all sorts of excuses of peeps blaming there tools, most of the time its pilot error, i'll be fixed up soon and flying again, ive grown to love the wot4, hopefully wont make that mistake again , The fuselage is warped, twisted and all four servos are stripped, (upgraded metal geared) the motor shaft has bent, crack along the wings and ailerons ripped off, rudder snapped and landing gear destroyed , , my telementry indicated 47mph when she went in and i believe it does look pretty good for that speed, This was my subject plane to turn to diesel, i am devastated and upset but will push on, i will fix and maiden her again soon, wish i had something to blame the crash on haha, happy flying all,

Scott

wot4 no more

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 24/06/2013 09:28:34

Advert

Posted by SkippyUK on 23/06/2013 02:36:09:
A lot of us have done it and the brave ones admit their errors.
Hope you get that satisfying feeling when this FUBAR takes to the air again - I always have.....
Skippy

I will do skippy! Its only a matter of time and reinforcements and she will live again, cant erase that thud sound from my memory tonight, its a manouver ive performed over and over but just let my memory lapse for a second and caught myself out, a real horrible feeling when you know you're coming down along time before , a simple case of too much elevator early on and too little power resulting in a stall that was simply too low, i was hoping to bring her out into a prop hang and push away but too low, the tail caught as i powered her up and down she came, think i might of got away with it if the tail was more flexible, but it tore off resulting in a sudden yaw and crash, whoops my fault , only happens when others are around to watch,

Scott

Well last week I took my trusty, built from a kit, glass and epoxy finished beauty of a wot 4 to the field and was having a lovely time and I just lost it, my fault too ambitious, too far away, almost rescued it but in the end it was destroyed and I mean DESTROYED.

i was very cross with myself but on the positive side, I now have an excuse to get another plane, I reckon that's the only attitude we can have in this hobby, just like motorbikes, if you fall off, get back on again.

so do not fret, get flying

Al

I'm sure we've all done something similar Scott....all part of the game unfortunately.....my own similar disaster was many years ago....I was practicing inverted flight with a WOT4 & when it all got a bit scary I would half loop out....yep you guessed it...it all got a bit scary too close to the ground & my half loop ended some 12" beneath the soil......embarrassed

On the other hand might your electric model have deliberately committed Hari Kiri rather than face being powered by a diesel? teeth 2