Who wants to teach Lewis Hamilton to fly RC?

SkippyUK

According to BBC article , Lewis Hamilton states after flying with the Red Arrows - "It hasn't made me want to fly my own plane - but I do enjoy flying model aeroplanes. Although I tend to crash them quite a lot.".

So who is going to volunteer to teach him how to fly model airplanes without crashing them - anyone fancy having Lewis on the end of a buddy lead?

Maybe he'll let you have a go in his road car and teach you how to drive fast.

Skippy

Advert

My son used to be a technician for Renault and they used to test the F1 cars on Elvington. They were testing the aerodynamics on the body work; the first photo is one of the rear ends they tested. This lump of carbon fibre and other materials cost about £30,000.

test drive.jpg

One of the test drivers brought this model along which he flew at lunch time.

f1.jpg

This was about three or four years ago.

One of our club members is an ex-Renault F1 team mechanic. He left them about 2, maybe 3 years ago.

I don't recognise the model in the picture, but it's possible it might have been his. I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

Regarding Senna, I have a magazine article somewhere about his model flying - it was in one of the French R/C mags a good number of years ago (before Senna's death.)