Anyone for a Tiffie?

Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

I'm belting along with the Dawn Flyer so hopefully will be back soon. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement here!

Steve - regarding the natty blue and yellow model cradle; I bought it at the swapmeet at the Nats some years ago. It was towards the end and the chap had two of them. He wanted £5 for one and offered me the pair for £8. Like a fool I said "thanks but no thanks I'll just take the one" - a decision I have regretted ever since as it is very handy about the workshop. Puts the job at the right height, holds it secure and has two handy trays underneath for tools, screws, bit & pieces. I've never seen them anywhere else but I guess they should be available somewhere!

Tony - I live about 200 yards from the Irish Sea - basically 6" under the soil of the garden is just sand, so drainage is pretty good!

Tom, great to hear from you on here - I'm really pleased you enjoy the blog and thanks for your very kind remarks.

Well - back to the Dawn Flyer for a bit!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 03/01/2014 00:27:28

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi BEB

Just read through your build notes and was riveted. I haven't built anything for years now (just got back to flying again). You make it sound so easy but with care and a bit of fore thought.

So inspiring. I await with baited breath for the next instalment.

Mike.

• 10 months later...

It will be Johnnie - its next back on my building board - once I get rid of these pesky multi-rotors from work that seem to take so much of my time!

Actually, work has been very busy lately - last weekend was the first one since Christmas when I didn't have a load of work to complete - and even then I did have some!

But you're right - I need to get this one moving again!

BEB

PS - Oh - once I'm sure I'll have Mrs BEB's boat finished for he birthday! It was supposed to be last birthday - but hey, better late than never!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, get on with it for God's sake, BEB! I've had the CNC parts and additional wood kit sitting in my to-do pile for ages. And stop faffing around with boats!

I need you to crack on with this so you can discover all the pitfalls and mistakes and I don't have to do too much thinking wink

I've already ordred up the correct size and length strip for the stringers. Though, like you, I can't understand why this isn't included in the woodpack angryangry. Just not good enough.

Michael

Thanks. Have been googling for metric sizes and couldnt find (or more likely see) any. I will look on their site and order from them. Is the stringers the only item that is incorrect in the wood pack. May as well order everything at once if something else needed to save on postage.

Johnnie

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/04/2015 22:28:44:

PS - Oh - once I'm sure I'll have Mrs BEB's boat finished for he birthday! It was supposed to be last birthday - but hey, better late than never!

BEB, you'd better get her one of these to compensate

• 3 years later...

Ah, good question! Basically it just needs the control runs doing, covering/painting and its there. The problem is that, like so many modellers its always "the next job on the list" - I know that sounds weak but any builder will know what I mean!

One day - hopfully not too far away - it will get back onto the bench and finished off. One factor is that now I use FrSky the whole 'connector into the wing' thing is dead of course - because I have S-bus. At that time I was using Futaba - OK I know I could have had S-bus with that - I could also have had a second mortage to go with it!!

So, why not just do it now? Another good question. Well I would, but I have this kit coming in in mid-May that will have to take priority, but once that is done,.....honest guv'nor, it's the next job on the list.

BEB