Dealers-Good/Bad

Mowerman

Back in October 07 I bought 4 off 9g servos from RCMDirect.

I used 1 immediately and put the other 3 in my spares box untill Wed 12/March when I found that one was locked solid.

I rang the dealer and with no quibble they offered a free replacement, this arrived today 15 march and I was not asked to return the defective unit.

Great service

• 4 months later...
Advert

thats good

i bought a plane from red bank models in blackpool 2weeks ago after i rang them to see if it was in stock was told it was rang again today to be told it would be sent out on friday  what is the point of having a web site if you can not get the models out in time 3 weeks is a bit long to wait when they are in stock god knows how long you would wait if not in stock

BRC Hobbies - very good

Giant Cod - very good batteries. motors and esc. Fast delivery

Budget R/C good - very good batteries, very slow delivery with erroneous dispatch emails

R/C World Ltd - good, fast service

Model Fixings - excellent range of all those things you might need. Fast delivery

Just Engines - excellent range and support. Quick delivery

FigtherAces - excellent range of Warbirds paint. Fast delivery

Al's Hobbies - good customer service generally.

Horizon Hobbies - excellent turn around of a AR6100 reprogramming and E-Flite Sea Fury spares

Vortex vacforms - very helpful with those replacement canopies. Fast service, bespoke moulding available

Pyramid - Great quality decals.

Unitracts - can be a little grumpy when busy, but good product at a good price.

Per Shaun's mail......

BRC Hobbies - very good

Giant Cod - excellent

Budget R/C good - patchy

Model Fixings - excellent

Just Engines - fantastic !

Al's Hobbies - very good 

Avicraft - very good, very helpful (must finish that Mini Panic...)

Midland Helis - very good

Motors and rotors - very good

Sussex Model Centre - great range but delivery a little slow

Model Shop Leeds - excellent 

BRC, good but needs a bit of customer service attention

SMC  good , but delivery times not good

Galaxy, best there is, you get a proper nice polite person on the 'phone.

Inwoods  Crap, i will never use them again.

Gosport Model Shop, you get spoken to like you are simple ( this is when they can be bothered to talk to you )

You ask for something and it literally gets thrown on the counter

Having a fag and talking to the mate in the chair is more important than a sale, these people have more money than sense, obviously do not need customers.

Chris C

Galaxy models, very fast and cheapest SC engines I've found on the net. Great

BOB HOLMAN (America)  AAARRRGHHH. 7 months to get a canopy and a couple of engine cowls and I still haven't got them he didn't even answer my last email. Barge pole comes to mind!

Belair kit cutting, very polite and very helpful, but a bit expensive for what you get I think.

Limited experience, but...........

Steve Webb.  Good, took a long time with me getting "everything I need to get a kit in the air" but there were items missed that I will have to buy.  No discount for schools

Inwoods.  Excellent.  Surprised to read the comment above.  I wanted a size 46 OS engine, and wondered why 1 was £20 more than another.  I got a 15minute explanation I didn't understand a word of  (my ignorance ) which ended up with me being recommended the cheaper of the 2 (I understood that bit).  Delivery was very prompt.

Model Shop Leeds.  Very good.  Store quoted a high price than the web site for my kit, but immediately honoured the web price when I mentioned it.  Delivery was 48hrs almost to the hour!  Again no discount for schools

I only visit one shop.... Addlestone Models... great place to go shopping... fun type people there.

Just a little story to illustrate what Addlestone Models is like if yoy pay them a visit...

Two years ago I was on crutches after an illness, my wife drove me Addlestone Models to get some bits and bobs, as we were entering the shop a chap on crutches came out and smiled at me, when we got in the shop there was another chap on crutches. the chap behind the counter  thought that this was rather amusing and said  " what is this.. a convention ? we all stood about wetting ourselves with laughter !!

Some shop eh.

Hi all.

I don't make a habit of going to model shops, as I find the price you pay for the so called service is often just to much, but as I was lucky to win the sea gull models version of the sea fury I decided to pay Galaxy Model shop in Ipswich Suffolk a visit, and the shop is totaly full to the brim with all the plains heli's and model gear you could need and the chap who served me was so in tuch, and totaly new his suff, you could tell that he was intrested in the fact that I had won the mag draw, and they gave me some discont on the gear I needed to get the plain in the air, so all in all 100% satifaction.

shop till you drop Owen.