DX9 Owners thread

Pete B

Many hanks for the advice,I managed to contact the company that I purchased from who managed to contact Horizon, which I tried but only got answer phone and got no return call. They want to see the transmitter as they are not familiar with the fault.

If I get any info will let you know.

Cheers again Pete

If your supplier will do the collection and return to you for free then fine but it will take a lot longer, otherwise you will get it back within a couple of days if you send it back yourself.

Don’t rely on word of mouth (i.e. telling the supplier what the problem is) make sure you include a letter to HH with all you can give them on symptoms because it's definitely a fault, the screen should never go blank.

I once had a screen on my early 7 channel Spekky show a mirror image!!!!! (have a picture of it to prove it).

• 1 month later...

Stupid calling, again. I am trying to do a petrol engine kill switch (RCEXL) into aux 3 on an AR 8000 receiver. I want to work the channel off a 2 way switch, same one as the throttle cut function, so when I put switch to position 1, the throttle moves to full close, and the power is cut to the motor. I did this, intuitively, in 30 seconds, a couple of weeks ago on another model, and can only assume that bit of brain has since died. I am in mourning.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A nephew is coming for holidays next summer. He has decided I am to teach him to fly. A nice lad, slight Asperger spectrum, formidably bright and a very long attention span when challenged. So a buddy box is the easiest route, methinks. Anyone know what is the most basic tranni what supports the wireless buddy box support of the DX9.

• 3 months later...

Me again, I use the rear rotary dial for flaps. I find it a faff to find, is a bit stiff to rotate, and not a happy experience to use. I am thinking of attaching a protrusion/knob/whatever, to the dial so I can get a feel for where the control is, and move it with more ease and precision.

Any previous experience out there?

Cheers Colin but the things on the DX9, called left lever, rotary controls with just the edge protruding, with a fairly useless smooth ridge pattern. I was wondering I'd I could drill into it, epoxy a bit for fine gauge wire, and mould a epoxy putty lever into the wire. But I was hoping someone might have some alternative experience, or ant knowledge of the. Levers construction.

Asking for a mate as I have no real experience with the DX9 but I fly a lot of multirotors so he has turned to me for help.

Whats the deal with thr levers on the back? On my friends quad moving the levera is the equivalent to adding yaw. I have gone trough every menu and inhibited every instance of left and right lever that I can find but although the right one has stopped the left is still mixed to yaw somehow? Anyone shed any light? Its driving me mad!

I have been near enough a life long (well 40 years at least) Futaba user after first starting to fly with a second-hand Skyleader Clubman set. However, I have just bought a set of DX9 and have to say that I am mightily impressed with it, other than the user guide could be a little better for those not so familiar with computer sets.

I like the feel of the transmitter and stick units, and also the display, along with the fact that you can save and transfer model set ups via SD cards and as an Instructor also the ability to train people wirelessly. I had considered buying the DX8 originally but was persuaded otherwise and a number of flyers in my club seem to all found their way to the DX9 now, some through DX6,7 and 8 first!

I hate to say it but it does seem as though Spektrum have a good grasp on modellers needs and concerns over Futaba at this time.