Flair Fokker DVII

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

I'm doing final assembly and getting ready to balance her. I weighed in at 3.76 kilograms with all the junk I added. I don't think that's too bad.

Anyone know what wing incidence is? I have -2 on the top wing, bottom wing level, +3 on the tail.

Edited By Bob Hayes on 26/08/2015 00:43:10

• 2 weeks later...

I finished one of these recently. Lovely flyer. Am getting the impression that the stated cg is a bit conservative, but safe enough. Only watch point is on the initial run off, keep the tail down until it is rolling well, then allow the tail to come up. If you lift the tail too quickly, it tends to fall over onto its nose. And as expected, as long as that tail is down, it weathercocks. Vice less in the air, and easy to land, except if you come in on a crosswind, it will weathercock when the tail drops, not dangerous, that's what it does. Best of luck, lovely looking thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys! What is going on?

Sad to say I haven't flown my DVII yet. Can you believe that? I was having issue with the old 70 and didn't want to risk it. I purchased a never run 70 Surpass that I have yet to break in. In the meantime I did snag a few Flair kits. I now have the Flair Puppeteer and Legionaire Nieuport 17.

Hi Bob,

Still working on mine. Been away on detachment for a few weeks so have been unable to progress. But hopefully get started again this weekend. Just have to insert interplane strut fixings to complete lower wing. Then can crack on with upper. Lucky to find the other 'scout' kits. I would love to find the Flair Bristol Fighter as next project... But NIB they are even more rare than rocking horse droppings!!

Bob, you did the right thing changing the engine, my D 7 had a RCV 60 SP in it first and kept cutting out (btw it glides quite well for a biplane) then a Vega 60 4s that was unable to get it above 50 ft altitude, then finally stuck a ASP 70 in it that’s perfect for it smiley, and well done getting the puppeteer & Legionaire as I think Flair have all but stopped making kits.

Harrier Mate pm coming your way

• 3 weeks later...