Paisley model shop

Advert

Neil

I Know how you feel after 1 year and going to the shop about 10 times also about 20 phone calls and 15 texts message inculding going to his house 3 times I am also giving up,realy disapointed ,the model was for a retierment gift for a chap who retired May 2013 I have went and bought another one was told last Novemeber it was ready still waiting.

Its been nearly 5 weeks since he contacted me, I was supposed to be meeting him at his shop a few days later and he never called back again. It's only £25 so ill put it down to a loss, or use VISA Debit to reverse the charge as goods never received.

I feel sorry for you guys with expensive models, I don't understand one thing, if he has met people at his shop and gave them stuff back why cant he simply take all the models owned by people on this forum home then call them all and drive round dropping them off one day.

Or post up here with a time at the weekend to open the shop to existing customers only and we can all go down and get our stuff back.

Odd......

Posted by Allan Nisbet on 22/04/2014 12:53:20:

Its been nearly 5 weeks since he contacted me, I was supposed to be meeting him at his shop a few days later and he never called back again. It's only £25 so ill put it down to a loss, or use VISA Debit to reverse the charge as goods never received.

I feel sorry for you guys with expensive models, I don't understand one thing, if he has met people at his shop and gave them stuff back why cant he simply take all the models owned by people on this forum home then call them all and drive round dropping them off one day.

Or post up here with a time at the weekend to open the shop to existing customers only and we can all go down and get our stuff back.

Odd......

When I posted the original question I was simply trying to avoid a 50 mile round trip if it was shut. Never thought for a moment that my post would generate so much attention. I hope everybody recovers their model or refunds, it is certainly taking a long time.

Folks my son had a model Remote control car in the Paisley Model shop. Today we took a run over to find out the shop is closed with no information on how to contact them. I realize this is an odd first post but we came home and started searching the web to see what if anything we can find out. We then came across this.

If any body can provide me with any information I would be most greatfull for any help telephone numbers or address as my son cannot take a £400 loss for his car and then a further £80-00 for a repair.

Please if you can help it would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me please. My dad took in a load of Caledonian railway models and engines, track and some N-gauge rolling stock back in June/July 2013. He was hoping to get some money for it. I had left my mobile number and had popped in and phoned a few times to see how things were doing, The owner ensured me that he had a guy that was interested and that he had paid a £50 deposit, the customer apparently worked on the riggs and had just not been in to pay for it and collect. I was assured that it was all in hand.

As you know the shop is now shut. My dad is heartbroken that he has lost his things.

Can anyone please help or if you know the owner ask him to get in touch or give me a contact number.

Many thanks Karen

Hi folks

Re the problem with Paisley Model Centre it might be an idea to contact Citizens Advice Direct on 0808 800 9060, who could possibly advise the best course of action to retrieve your property and where you stand legally. They are very helpful, but, unfortunately, only available to residents of Scotland, as, I believe, they are partly funded by the Scottish Parliament.

The mods have been keeping a very careful eye on this thread. This is clearly very difficult territory - both for those involved and for the forum.

The forum recognises that it has a role to play in terms of consumer affairs - and is happy to support that role. But also, the forum is legally a publication and as such its owners are legal liable for its content. New legislation in this area, recently enacted, lays certain duties on us all - contributors and providers.

Please read this. It lays down very clearly the framework within which discussions such as this can go ahead. One of its major provisions is that contributors must confine themselves purely to the facts as they have experienced them and they must not speculate as to the motives or aims of any third parties.

I have just had to delete a post from this thread because it did just that.

So, before posting here please read the guideline carefully and act on them. Basically only contribute if you are personally involved or have concrete information relevant to the matter in hand and then confine yourself to the facts please not theories or speculations and most definitely not unsubstantiated allegations.

Thanks

BEB

No experience in this sort of thing, but as an idea would it help to get more action from citz advice etc. to approach as a group of people who are due money/goods with approximate values? I suspect that the total could be quite a lot, even though individual claims might not all be.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for coming in late, but I've just found out that Paisley Model Centre has closed when I tried contacting them to get a model back that I took in last year. I was hoping to find a buyer through them, but now I need the model back - can anyone pass on any contact details?

Thanks in advance!

This should cause us all to think in future before leaving models to be sold - we should ask for a receipt, discuss who is selling the model and whether VAT is involved. We should make it clear that we own the goods until paid for & what rate of commission we are paying if it is to be a sale on commission.

To the people who have left goods to be sold I would suggest forming a group and get some legal advice as a group. This might be much easier now it's in the papers.

If it had happened to me ( and fortunately such a thing has never happened to me) I would ask a legal adviser ( perhaps first of all Citizens Advice Bureau ) about ownership of the goods and what would be the case if my goods were sold and how promptly the money should be paid to me as vendor. I would particularly ask about VAT on commision sales which might clarify whether a person or a company was selling on my behalf. I would be asking whether lack of a company receipt for the goods indicated whether a company was holding my goods or whether it's the person I handed them to that is responsible for them.

I don't know what position it puts people in but if it was me i would contact citizens advice, the 'judge' column linked above (they deal in cunsumer rigjts casds and can probably advise bdat course of action.) and possibly a solicitor asap.

I suspect you will be in one of the following positions; your goods are still in the possession of the owner and could be classed as 'assests' to be liquidated or your goods have been sold without you being paid so you are a creditor of the business.

Quite frankly I am appalled that this hasn't been resolved one way or another.

I understand that Kevin, but why should the unsuspecting still be sucked in to dealing with them when there is obviously, albeit allegedly a problem given the evidence present here and in the local press in Scotland. Taking a blinkered approach despite it being "common knowledge" as you say is just ducking the issue. How would you like it if some institution was still taking your money whilst it was "common knowledge" that there appeared to be a problem. Puts me in mind of the so called Christmas Club debacle and we all know what happened there.