Paisley model shop

Advert

Great - now we can get back to the OP! Please remember Pete's request - if you have info on this please PM Eddie rather than post personal data in here.

BEB

PS In case you are wonder why you couldn't see Eddie's post it was all down to a truly annoying feature of the "back office" software. We mods see a number of buttons not visible to other members - one of which has the wonderful title "Make Bozo". It came with the original forum software.

Now the supposed point of this button is that if someone is being a real pain and winding people up we can press this button on them and hey presto - we can still see all their posts, but you can't. So in theory they can post away, but no one is listening because they can't see them.

However, this is a feature we never use. Why? Well we prefer to deal with members in a more honest and straight forward fashion. If someone is being a pain - we tell them face to face, not behind their back! Second, using "Make Bozo" might make the posts disappear its still registered in the post count. Sooner or later someone would notice the discrepancy and asks the obvious questions.

So, its a useless feature - but,... it is very easy to hit this button by accident, every mod has done it at least once! This is what happened to Eddie - in sorting his first post he was accidently classed "make Bozzo" (nothing personal Eddie! Just an accident!). Result - the thread looks fine to us mods (remember we can see these posts anyway) but everyone else thinks we are having hallucinations!

Just to add... There was a thread on here a few days ago about Paisley Model Centre - I assume it's the same place being discussed here?

Whilst it didn't give any real info the suggestion from that thread was also that the place had closed down...

(Edit - both threads have now been combined - Chris Bott)

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/02/2014 15:17:02

Hi, new member here, and I must confess that my question is not about ' model flying', but rather about a model train. My father put in a Flying Scotsman to be repaired at the Paisley Model Centre and when he went back to get it the shop had closed.

Is there anything that can be done to retrieve the item at all (whether it has been fixed or not)?

My father is quite upset about the loss as it had been a Christmas present for his Grandson.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alistair Briggs

Hi thanks to this post I now know why I couldnt get through to them.

The phone number rings out and the email contact form doesnt work.

How did you guys contact them as I paid for an ordered items which I still need to pickup and would be delighed to get my items.

If anyone knows how to contact the owner please PM me

Thanks

Al

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/02/2014 16:17:29

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/02/2014 23:50:59:

Great - now we can get back to the OP! Please remember Pete's request - if you have info on this please PM Eddie rather than post personal data in here.

BEB

PS In case you are wonder why you couldn't see Eddie's post it was all down to a truly annoying feature of the "back office" software. We mods see a number of buttons not visible to other members - one of which has the wonderful title "Make Bozo". It came with the original forum software.

Now the supposed point of this button is that if someone is being a real pain and winding people up we can press this button on them and hey presto - we can still see all their posts, but you can't. So in theory they can post away, but no one is listening because they can't see them.

However, this is a feature we never use. Why? Well we prefer to deal with members in a more honest and straight forward fashion. If someone is being a pain - we tell them face to face, not behind their back! Second, using "Make Bozo" might make the posts disappear its still registered in the post count. Sooner or later someone would notice the discrepancy and asks the obvious questions.

So, its a useless feature - but,... it is very easy to hit this button by accident, every mod has done it at least once! This is what happened to Eddie - in sorting his first post he was accidently classed "make Bozzo" (nothing personal Eddie! Just an accident!). Result - the thread looks fine to us mods (remember we can see these posts anyway) but everyone else thinks we are having hallucinations!

It's also supposed to be a feature that you don't tell everyone about, since that removes the greater part of it' utility. Many bulletin board software packages have a similar feature, but it's supposed to be on the QT wink

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/03/2014 15:58:25:

Why, should there be?wink 2

Pete

Yes ... because 'leccyflyer' posted a reply which was visible for a short time .... then disappeared .... and has now reappeared !!!!

It appears that 'big brother' is watching and working in mysterious ways ...

Posted by leccyflyer on 01/03/2014 13:19:51:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/02/2014 23:50:59:

BEB

It's also supposed to be a feature that you don't tell everyone about, since that removes the greater part of it' utility. Many bulletin board software packages have a similar feature, but it's supposed to be on the QT wink

But as we don't use it, we don't need to be "hush-hush" about it do we! It hasn't got any utility its a completely pointless feature.

BEB - from the forum that like to tell its members about the silly facilities some misguided software developers land us with!

Posted by avtur on 01/03/2014 17:28:15:
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/03/2014 15:58:25:

Why, should there be?wink 2

Pete

Yes ... because 'leccyflyer' posted a reply which was visible for a short time .... then disappeared .... and has now reappeared !!!!

It appears that 'big brother' is watching and working in mysterious ways ...

Sorry,avtur, just my sense of humour - the 'wink' emoticon needs to be bigger.....teeth 2

Pete

To get back nearer to the original subject....should one expect to get a receipt or something in writing if leaving models etc in a model shop to be sold on commission?
( let's not talk about any particular model shop here! Just a general point about what the normal procedure is)