a couple of school boy errors

Rich too

I took my Pulse out today and it was flying so well I couldn't resist a quick refuel and second tank. Unfortunately, not only did I not restrain the model on restarting the engine, but I also forgot to turn the receiver on. Lesson learned the hard way.............all I could do was watch as the model travelled at speed across the field.

img-20140222-00345.jpg

Edited By Rich2 on 22/02/2014 11:45:30

Gutted ! I'd say .. These things are so easy done though. I am new to it and have been flying and learning with a bix2 for 3 months. Completely different I guess but so far I have hit 3 trees and got stuck. Quite how I managed it I don't know! It's not like a tree is big enough !!!

You'd think after the first time Id stay away

Posted by John Privett on 22/02/2014 12:10:14:

Look on the positive side... At least it only hit something, and not someone. And I bet you won't make the same mistake anytime soon.

Indeed! The last time I forgot to turn the radio on was over 30 years ago, I let a glider go on a bungee!!

Don't worry Dan, damn trees are like magnets!

Its a shame the parts are not readily available, I could really do with a canopy and cowl as well...not sure I want to pay for a full kit.

Edited By Rich2 on 22/02/2014 12:16:10

Posted by john melia 1 on 22/02/2014 12:15:18:

Easy done , I forgot to turn the rx on the other day when I was running my 30cc for the first time in the airframe , luckily it was restrained by a rope to the cabin at the time .

Yep, I need to go back to using restraints, a bit stupid of me not to really..

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 22/02/2014 12:17:03:

Hello Rich2 , this is sad story...sad...accidents are inevitable ingredient of the life...face 11...so chin up , tomorrow is new day.

Rgds

Joe

Cheers Joe, I'll lick my wounds and get on with it..!! crying

I hadn't had a bad crash since May 2013 so I had a good run, for me anyway wink

Rich

Edited By Rich2 on 22/02/2014 12:36:45

Easy mistake to make. I nearly lost a couple fingers once because even though I had put the model in the restraint I had not checked that the tail was up against it. It leapt forward on starting and I just got my hand out of the way in time. I hope you can repair the model.

JC

We all do stupid things. Now how about this for this afternoon.

Took someone flying on the buddy box. He can fly OK but I was selling him a new and slightly more lively model

. We got off fine and he was doing well. Then a big glitch. Then one or two more. Shut down to land and as the modl got lower the engine died and the model landed out in the young oilseed rape.

It was only as we were going towards the model that I realised something terrible. I had not pulled the aerial out of the Tx.

No excuse as I use 35 as much as 2.4. Put it down to distraction withdoing something unusual,

thanks Peter, I feel better now wink

i'll post a pic of the damage tomorrow and post it - see what opinion is on whether it is repairable (although after a quick survey this evening I thought it was too far gone) ..i can't really justify spending £120 on a new fuse right now.. and I'll check out that mag.

Edited By Rich2 on 22/02/2014 19:39:35

Edited By Rich2 on 22/02/2014 19:42:42