Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

I'm not sure you could follow my thought process G-YRUS, because I'm not sure I can dont know.

I keep changing my mind on the aileron servo question. Small servos could easily go in the belcrank positions, making the decision purely one of whether we'd accept an unobtrusive hatch on the underside of the wings.

An alternative though, might be two small servos in the centre of the wing, operating the belcrank system.

Advert

I have something that might be of interest but it is a chicken and egg thing. I have a friend in Holland that has kindly offered to CNC the hinges. Now those that have perhaps got the plan and have looked at this will know what I am talking about?

dennis bryant 68 inch chipmunk001 (medium).jpg

Anyway there are 28 seperate parts all cut from G10 or 1/16 fibreglass board, I have only shown a selection. Now if you are going to cut them yourself then great, if you are going to modify the wing and use Robart pin hinges again thats fine. But if you would like a set CNC'd can you let me know? I cannot tell you how much a set will be but the material alone is £5 a sheet plus postage thats enough for two sets.

Is anybody interested in me pursuing this?

Cheers

Danny

Hi Dylan, not quite sorted yet I still have to try and negotiate a price that wont send everybody running wink 2 Yes its a shame we couldn't get the laser to work. Perhaps a revisit sometime as its probably a good string to the bow. I have asked around and several people would like the service wink 2

Okay just had SLEC on the phone and just a very rough figure, and please don't hold me to this should be £18 - £20 a set.

There is a slight problem that the holes at 1.5mm (10 ba) may be too small for the router to deal with so we may have to drill them. SLEC have offered to try a smaller 1mm router bit but it then slows the overall cutting time and increases the cost.

Cheers

Danny

Re the servos in wing question - the hatches could be almost scale, as the full size has access hatches for the aileron bellcranks as well as zips in the fabric for access to the linkages (although they might be a bit tricky to replicate wink 2

chipmunk 020.jpg

chipmunk 021.jpg

The lithoplate bashers amongst you might like to start planning how to tackle this challenge.......

chipmunk 033.jpg

David

Edited By David P Williams on 11/04/2014 12:27:39

Posted by ZK BAP on 10/04/2014 10:20:24:

The 61 pulls along just fine. But the lighter she is the better she will glide smiley Mine balanced pretty good with no weight added anywhere with the ASP. I have had a call from Brian from Airsail. He will remake the kit if numbers are there. A special run of maybe 50 kits will be produced. The Chippy is such a great every weekend flyer. Reliable, rugged, throw around that is a joy to fly. Best of all, it is hard to find 'true' builders kits. Im just waiting for him to make the Tomahawk again, then my collection is complete.

PM sent