Hanger 9 30cc Spitfire

Scott Douglas 1

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The kit and retracts arrived from TJD within 36 hours of order.. cant say enough good things about that! laugh

Inzpan are always a bit slower but the 1/5th kit cockpit arrived yesterday... absolutely beautiful and, being the kit version rather than the finished product, I can modify it to fit the Hanger 9 dimensions.

Gonnae enjoy this!! wink

Hello Scott,

I like the cockpit instruments. I hope you will put some photo's on when you finish it. (I have found the MR ones too tight to get in for now) so will fly till season end and spend some time over winter getting some scale details on.

@BEB, thanks mate, I will give it a go when I get time (and a few more photos!) laugh

@Paul, it might seem expensive but its lighter and better put together than a YT one, the retracts are a work of art. The matte finish makes it look better than the Blackhorse version and I doubt you could build a similar size from a plan at a lesser cost taking into account the work done.

Time will tell!!.... wink

Edited By Scott Douglas 1 on 29/06/2014 15:39:41

So I finally had some time to get started on this, fitted the wing servos, hooked up the ailerons & flaps. The only change I made was to replace the aileron horns.. I have this thing about just glueing and using 2 small screws to secure them so they were swapped for more robust Pete Tindal items (I'll be doing the same to the elevators).

I've also fitted the tailplane, perfect alignment straight out the box! This gave me an opportunity to look at the cockpit area. Removing the supplied balsa floor gave me much more space to play with than I thought I was going to have. I had to see how it'd look with a "real" pilot installed....

img_0689.jpgimg_0688.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, it was another "lovely" summer's day here in Bonnie Scotland ( which really means the rain got warmer! )

After a couple of weeks off due to work, I was able to get back on to my Hanger 9 model. I'm impressed how well this thing seems to fall together, so far everything's fit straight out the box.. a little trimming to get the E-Flite retracts to slot in but nothing else.

I didn't like the idea of simply screwing the control horns into some ply and adding a little superglue to the threads (seems a bit weak IMHO) so they were swapped for a more robust Pete Tindal offering...

photo 3.jpg

Then it was time to put it all together and see how it looks so far......

photo 11.jpg

photo 12.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Al Knights,

on the top of this and every page is a red line on it fourth from left is Albums, click on it and click on create an Album, give the Album a name, push create Album, click browse, and select the picture from where you have stored it in your computer, click on upload, THEN click save changes. job done.

Edited By bert baker on 16/02/2015 09:45:22