Corsair Plans

Masher

Hi

Can anyone suggest where I can get a good plan for a Corsair? I'm struggling to find anything suitable from the obvious places. I am quite an experienced builder but not in scale warbirds so looking for something for the intermediate builder.

Not ARTF

Maybe a kit but would prefer build from plan

Size around 6' wingspan and up to 120 FS - IC only

Thanks in anticipation

Martin

Advert

Top Flite do a 60 size Corsair too, Im halfway through one, the wings are made in 3 sections with the centre gull wing section being all interlocking parts etc so its easier to build straight, theres a good build thread on RCScalebuilder with extra scale modifications too if you are that way inclined

• 3 weeks later...

Do not look any further than Brian Taylor plans superb, built four and all flew well , plans available from Traplet and wood packs also saves all that cutting out which I did years ago , important when choosing your sheet take some scales with you and only buy the lightest.

• 3 months later...

Hi Charles

Seems a long time ago now and I've changed my plan (pun intended) a few times since then!

Two things happened: First I came across an ARTF Corsair for sale locally via EBay which turned out to be good, so I bought it. I thought this would be good to try the warbird route before committing to a significant plan build. Secondly, for some reason - possibly because I saw too many at Cosford, I wasn't sure that warbirds were for me.....yet.

So to cut a short story long, I have a ready to go Corsair ARTF which remains unflown and I didn't get a plan. I am a bit concerned about the Brian Taylor plans seeing the Chippy builds unfold on this forum, however, Comper has given them the thumbs up.

Martin

Edited By Masher on 29/10/2014 06:41:20

Posted by Masher on 29/10/2014 06:31:48:

Hi Charles

Seems a long time ago now and I've changed my plan (pun intended) a few times since then!

Two things happened: First I came across an ARTF Corsair for sale locally via EBay which turned out to be good, so I bought it. I thought this would be good to try the warbird route before committing to a significant plan build. Secondly, for some reason - possibly because I saw too many at Cosford, I wasn't sure that warbirds were for me.....yet.

So to cut a short story long, I have a ready to go Corsair ARTF which remains unflown and I didn't get a plan. I am a bit concerned about the Brian Taylor plans seeing the Chippy builds unfold on this forum, however, Comper has given them the thumbs up.

Martin

Edited By Masher on 29/10/2014 06:41:20

I tend to get Brian Taylor and Dennis Bryant mixed up as well.

Brian Taylor plans are first rate. I have a set of the Mosquito plans that I will build one day.

The current Chipmunk build is from the Dennis Bryant plan, and does have me scratching my head a lot.

Kev

I'm glad this has cropped up because I nearly posed a question on the Chippy thread - but thought it may sound a bit negative.

I was going to ask, Danny, are the issues you are finding just typical when building from a plan - there are bits that need figuring out and some plans are better than others. Reason I ask is, if someone like me was feeling left out and wanted to build a Chipmunk too, would it be best to (a) go with the BT plan and have all the learning from the build threads or (b) not start from here?

I very much suspect it's the former but would be nice to know your thoughts

Thanks

Martin