98" Depron C-130 Hercules Scratchbuild

Extremely grateful for your comments fellas. - Thank you!

Dane, your comment ' just like the full size' really pleased me. It sort of shows me that the model is behaving properly and scale-like. So, yes, I will be concentrating on perfecting my turns in an attempt to do the model justice.
Tony, I'm looking forward to flying the model again and hoping for blue skies for the next video. When that happens, I'll be happy to post it here.

I'm hearing 'what's next?' quite frequently but truthfully, I haven't given it much thought. There's also the issue of where to store the Vulcan, Buccaneer, Sea Vixen, Spitfire and Hercules depron builds as well as some other models in my collection.

Suppose it's a nice problem to have

Regards
Roy

Sunday 31st Aug
Second Outing
Couldn't resist taking the Hercules to the field this evening. The winds have died down to acceptable levels so, along with the usual bunch of guys, had a lovely evening's flying. The beautiful blue skies made for the perfect backdrop to the red and white of the model.

See for yourselves.sun1.jpg

sun2.jpg

sun3.jpg

sun4.jpg

sun6.jpg
Thanks to Charles for using my camera to best advantage - nice one!
Regards
Roy

Geoff, Ian, Roy, thanks - appreciated!
I realise all flying shots are going to start looking alike but if you're not getting bored of seeing them, I'm happy to keep posting
3 more from yesterday. oh and one of the Buccaneer which also got an airing yesterday.herc.jpg

herc1.jpg

royherc.jpg

What a pleasure to fly......

buccbflight.jpg
Not forgetting the good old Buccaneer. 
Finally, I have been given some rather large video files by a friend of mine who shot some footage of the Hercules last week. Some rather nice video which, after I've edited it, will post up here.
Regards

Roy

Edited By Electriflier on 08/09/2014 19:57:13

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
As promised, the video of the second flight of the Herc'.

Filmed on Sunday 24th August.
Special thanks to the usual guys at the field... Charles, Phil, Michael, Tim, Brian & Alan,

So, another build log comes to an end. Doesn't seem two minutes since I was starting out on the build.
Thank you to all who subscribed and followed along the way - Enjoyable!
Regards
Roy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...